Lt. Commander
# 21 Cryptic WTH!
02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I second the OP's request! Turn this trash off!

And kick your marketing Team members responsible in the rear end for dreaming up this shady scheme! Makes me sick that I supported this company with my hard earned money.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Haven't seen it in game as yet, but es, if the system is stating who was awarded a Galor Class; (IMO) that's REALLY tachy. If you don't want to turn it off, at leastr give the players the option to NOT see these messages.

As fir the cries of "It's an obvious ply to drive people to the C-Store" - please, people should be capable of some measure of self control, I I would find myself more annoyed; and more likely to AVOID the C-Store and these annoying messages popped.

In F2P - contantly doing this type of in game a=dvertiosement without the ability to turn it off is as bad as popping up "Do you know you can buy <Item X> to improve <Ability Y>" messages that some F2P games have.

IMO - just plain bad form.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Agreed. This message is very annoying, especially since I don't want to see anything about the boxes anyway. Shoving it in my face every few seconds is just rude.
Wow...when you think about it it almost seems like "NAME@HANDLE" got the Galor, etc and YOU didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY, guess who got (item), not you!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Maybe it's to keep people from complaining that the whole thing is just another bug scam where hardly anyone will ever find one because the rate is so low. After they turn off these messages, I better not see such posts popping up. :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I can understand the Silver accounts being stuck with your propaganda, but not the Gold.
Or at least I didn't see it in the benefit matrix. Care to udate that?

I am not paying to read the crap.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes please.
Baranflakes take notice please and to your list of feedback!
Someone saying the same thing in game repeatedly, is/would be considered spam and punishable.
The new "Galor" message coming up, is Spam from the whatever system doing it.

If someone keeps herrassing you despite your attempts to ignore them it's griefing.
So since there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off this notification, one could argue the whatever system is griefing.

Both of these are reportable offenses if it were a player.

So, IMHO, believe most of us, in this thread, now are reporting the whatever system designer of spamming/griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
Maybe it's to keep people from complaining that the whole thing is just another bug scam where hardly anyone will ever find one because the rate is so low. After they turn off these messages, I better not see such posts popping up. :p
If they posted drop rates instead of hiding them and then spamming global messages to everyone, Both complaints would go away.

But cryptic has never operated on logic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Out of consideration to other players, I have decided against buying the keys from the C-Store and making an attempt to get a Galor-class. I humbly request that other players do the same until this situation is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Yes please.
Baranflakes take notice please and to your list of feedback!
Someone saying the same thing in game repeatedly, is/would be considered spam and punishable.
The new "Galor" message coming up, is Spam form the whatever system doing it.
If someone keeps herrassing you despite your attempts to ignore them it's griefing.
So since there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off this notification, one could argue the whatever system is griefing.

Both of these are reportable offenses if it were a player.

So, IMHO, believe we all, in this thread, now are reporting the whatever system designer of spamming/griefing.
Time to report Crpytic..... If we're lucky they'll get a 24hr chat ban :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Sounds to me like these messages are to combat the perception that "nobody" is actually winning the big prize in the lockboxes.
Closed Thread