Lt. Commander
# 121
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
And it does not help when Cryptic Employees are mocking and insulting their own customers! https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko/s...18130851987456
But we're the bad guys, because we didn't buy enough subs or c-store items when the game was still pay to play. Because Cryptic didn't have a privately owned firm behind them to fund the game's development. I guess that means the devs took out personal loans? lol
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Look... Ive got plenty to apologize for. The transition from sub to F2P has not been easy for myself or for other people, I suspect. I've already stated reasons for this. It's at times made me a not-happy camper, and I've been more acerbic than I should have been. So, I'm sorry.

I'm working on making my criticisms more constructive. But how much more constructive can we be when we say, 'This spam is really annoying and distracting, can you please stop it or give us an option to turn it off?' Is that whining? Is that raging?

Again, I get that Cryptic needs to make a profit, and I agree that if it's going to make that profit it's got to go F2P and do things that have, in the past, rubbed me wrong anyway. I also get that they're not really 'double dipping' anymore so that ship has gone to warp. (The C-Store has a stiigma for me that I'm trying to get rid of; ain't easy, so I, perhaps grudgingly, admit I need to be reminded of that now and then.)

Look, has it really gotten to the point where someone saying 'I don't like this,' is labeled a rager, a hater, a malcontent, someone who 'doesn't get it,' a whiner, a baby, and so on?

ETA: Bah, maybe I'm taking this more to heart than I should. Speaking from experience, I KNOW that a good employee, craftsman, maker, etc. WILL take pride in their work and defend it against any and all comers, so I shouldn't be surprised at the rising backlash. Maybe time to take a break. (I'm not quitting. I don't make I Quit posts. If I ever quit, you won't even know I'm gone, as it should be.)
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Plenty of folks seem to be giving The Old Republic their 15 bucks a month. Four days after launch, TOR hit more than 1 million players, all coughing up 15 bucks a month.

Why is it STO players can't continue to shell out 15 bucks a month?
I'm willing to bet part of it is a difference in game quality.

e: I mean, I am enjoying STO, but it's not a product I'd subscribe for monthly.
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
And it does not help when Cryptic Employees are mocking and insulting their own customers! https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko/s...18130851987456
Yikes
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh my, my day gets better!

I decided to put the galor up for sale on the exchange, starting prices were 300 million or more, so I put mine up for 150 million

It sold within about 10 minutes.....but there's a problem, as I'm a "silver" account (despite the fact I'm supposed to be a lifetimer), the 150 million has gone awol, it isn't showing in my account.

I figured perhaps i needed to upgrade my EC cap to 1 billion, which I did, but the EC's still don't show.

So is it safe to assume all the 150 million of my energy credits have gone into some magic blackhole? lol
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Oh my, my day gets better!

I decided to put the galor up for sale on the exchange, starting prices were 300 million or more, so I put mine up for 150 million

It sold within about 10 minutes.....but there's a problem, as I'm a "silver" account (despite the fact I'm supposed to be a lifetimer), the 150 million has gone awol, it isn't showing in my account.

I figured perhaps i needed to upgrade my EC cap to 1 billion, which I did, but the EC's still don't show.

So is it safe to assume all the 150 million of my energy credits have gone into some magic blackhole? lol
God, that's horrible. :/
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Yea, I'm surprised there isn't some kind of check before you try to sell items on the exchange

Meh, that money would've come in handy to heh
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
A million times this. I don't have a problem with the notification, just that it flies across THE MIDDLE of my screen. Yes, I have since moved it, but now I won't notice when the server coming down messages come across. Although, maybe with the new item pop-up, I should have moved the notification already.

I would have no problem with it in the chat window, or even the new fun item pop-up. I get that it's to drum up interest (and revenue) particularly for people who don't frequent the forums or the site.

But, come on, there has to be a better way.
^^^^^^THIS

Just get it out of the notification window and I think the majority of the anger will subside.

Mine certainly will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Apologies. No, I don't just log out, I try to respond to as many PMs as I can. But there is no way to keep up with the flood I get when I'm chatting in ESD (as I was last night).

I meant no offense by it, just thought it was amusing that the poster was basically recounting what happens when I go online.
Tumer, I love you for daring to stick your neck into a thread like this. Even if it is just to try and inject some humor. But I desperately need you to get whoever has the power to get these messages outta my notification window to DO THAT ASAP!

Please don't let them ruin my FE experience with Galor popups, you know how excited I am for The 2800.
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
This thread causes me deep concern characterizing the spam we are currently experiencing as infrequent strikes me as ether ignorance or as being totally misleading, I had 3 messages in one STF last night, and we got that optional with plenty of time to spare, I logged in this morning at 4 am before heading out, and within the first 3 mins of being logged in the spam started. I can't follow how it could be called infrequent.
Lt. Commander
# 130 Really?
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
[quote=Sakarak]1. I suspect that the courts would disagree that what is being sold has no "value". Many of the items are sold by Cryptic for an explicit monetary value in their C-store and the Jem'Hadar ships were valued at hundreds of US dollars on the aftermarket (that is, people were buying and selling the ship for significant sums of money)QUOTE]

Really? Jem'Hadar ships on the aftermarket for hundreds of US dollars? Odd, I dont see any flying around. Where is this "aftermarket"? I could use a new vehicle to fly to and from work with. Especially one with impulse engines and phasers (pew pew).

oh... btw... sold dilithium for CP bought a few keys... then sold dilithium for lock boxes.... picked up a galor. it didnt cost me a dime... and the extra lock boxes? Sold the contents on the exchange, and made +6 mil EC.

Had 1 inquiriy and tons of congrats from my fleet.

I know... "good for you" and blah blah blah. this is the problem... no matter how cool an idea or an event can be, we will still have highly intelligent people that will "poo poo" the event.