Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I can't tell you how happy I am that Cryptic is working to put drop boxes and keys in the game instead of real contents that we could actually play.
I can't wait to see what the keys can open tomorrow, but I will celebrate not being a dev today!!

Good timez!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Which brongs up the question of, what else does the System Channel notify you normally?
Everything else. DOff completion, new mail, skill points, etc. All of which are lost in the Galor notifications.

They need to move this to it's own C-Store channel.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Master Keys are only available for a limited time? Does that mean that the lockboxes are only a temporary addition to the game as well?
If you read the FAQ - the Lockboxes end on march 19, 2012 (a little over a week after the last FE series 4 episode is released.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Everything else. DOff completion, new mail, skill points, etc. All of which are lost in the Galor notifications.

They need to move this to it's own C-Store channel.
If those messages are still spamming up chat when I actually get a chance to get in game today, I swear I'm just going to mute the system channel. If I wanted to be spammed, I'd go look at my Gmail spambox.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Predicted response to spam complaints:

Quote:
"We thought it was something special and we're disappointed the community would act in such a negative manner."
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Predicted response to spam complaints:
How is making up a dev response helpful?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
How is making up a dev response helpful?
Call it cynicism. They've made that kind of response before based on "surprising" negative response to "something nice they did" (Jem Hadar...)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Decided to use my stipend to get some keys. So with these keys I got on my level 50 character...

-1 Dilithum Horta that does nothing. (no special function, no occasional influx of dilithium while its out, it's just an edited horta hatching.
-1 1000 skill point bonus that is useless to me
-1 shield that is useless to me
-5 dual consumables that are, you guessed it, useless to me.

I've got 400 more points to spend from last months stipend, but by this point I'm pretty sure it's obvious that anything I'll get will be, you guessed it, useless.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
well looks like the sto fan base is about to experience the perfect world "lucky" box syndrome - go check out PWI to see the variety of these things you have to look forward to
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
If your going to do drop boxes dont include the ship. We really dont need them and its just a ploy to actually get us to try and get something from the store. A suggestion would be to just get more stuff done that we all can buy in the store. Chances are you will get more money.

Also this Spam of Telling us someone has gotten one is a play to get us to buy more keys. Also it screams trying to coerce some of us that have said that we wont participate in the event to buy something for the event. I only have so many cryptic points and dont have any money to spare plus 1100 to pay on my CC. I cant put more money in. The people from my clan that are just starting with F2P have said they are still deciding whether the game is worth putting money in.

Some of us would rather not see the ships if this is the only way to get them. Im kind of sad you dont see the power in the C-Store system that you have. Dont do these events 2 months apart. For one your population is still growing, second the F2Pers are still deciding if your game is worth giving you money for. This will push them away more than it will bring them in. Work on content the players can actually play like missions and finishing the Klingons and adding another faction because at the moment the content you have is not enough to sustain F2P forever.