Lt. Commander
# 31 I too logged out
02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
If I have to be spammed that means you guys are unethically trying to get minors to play a game of chance. It means that if I were to play and won my privacy would be violated. Mostly it just annoys the crap out of me.

I wont be spammed to play a game of chance. If leaving the game is my only recourse, so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
i don't see how it's so annoying...

but anyway, the stats on obtaining a Galor ship look to be better than the Bug. it's still low, but it looks better (i saw 10 people get one during a 30-minute peroid)
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
So let me understand this. I kill an NPC, a "box" shows up and I have to buy a master key???? Is this what the deal is?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Can we please get this spam off our notifications. I am not liking this one bit. I will hardly log into this game until it is taken off. People who are gold members should not be subjected this.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkiemelissa
Can we please get this spam off our notifications. I am not liking this one bit. I will hardly log into this game until it is taken off. People who are gold members should not be subjected this.
I was already on "hardly". I have now replaced "hardly" with "won't". Too bad, there were a few things I was thinking of getting squared away before the FE series. Will the messages be gone by Saturday? I may not even be playing the FE series now.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Crikey... I want to say I'm feeling smug after my largely-dismissed lashings in the announcement of this 'event', but I'm still too dumbfounded about the global chat spam to even consider letting it rest.

Cryptic, what were you thinking?

Clearly you can't be swayed though. I'll try to be helpful in supporting your cash endeavours from here out.

I'd like to begin my new phase of life in this game by recommending some names for Season Six:

"C-Store's Palace"

"The Belangio"

"CBS Grand"

"Rivera's"

"New Quark, New Quark."
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkiemelissa
exactly.
i am still paying monthly to play this game and I dont want to get spamed by the system trying to get me to buy those ***** keys.
Same with the boxes. Instead of getting normal (maybe good) stuff in my stf loot bag I got boxes.
Thank you so much
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-09-2012, 02:24 PM
One thing I'm glad of, is these new lockboxes, stack, because I've already got 6 of them within 30 minutes of gameplay

I think it's rediculous that you can't open these loot boxes without paying, I mean really? are you that hard up for cash you have to add stuff like this?

And I agree with the negativity about the announcements, it's completely unnecessary to post it as an announcement across people's screens.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
If I have to be spammed that means you guys are unethically trying to get minors to play a game of chance. It means that if I were to play and won my privacy would be violated. Mostly it just annoys the crap out of me.

I wont be spammed to play a game of chance. If leaving the game is my only recourse, so be it.
I think this grab bag idea is bad enough on it's own merits that it doesn't need help sounding like a bad idea.

It is not a game of chance. The CP value of the items in the box equal up to a profit for the player. On paper anyway. You don't open up a box and have a chance of it being empty.

Were this really a game of chance your odds of winning would be better. Something like this. 600cp for a key.49% chance of getting the ship 49% of getting nothing and 2% change of getting a DOff pack or something stupid. Maybe you get lucky and you get your T5 ship for only 600 CP, or maybe you don't and you have to try again. Over time though the house wins. And cryptic makes more then if they were just selling the thing for 1200 CP.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
One thing I'm glad of, is these new lockboxes, stack, because I've already got 6 of them within 30 minutes of gameplay

I think it's rediculous that you can't open these loot boxes without paying, I mean really? are you that hard up for cash you have to add stuff like this?

And I agree with the negativity about the announcements, it's completely unnecessary to post it as an announcement across people's screens.
Destroy those boxes! It's the only way effective way to protest! If they see a large amount of the drops are being discarded, not even put on the exchange then it will show how much the community hates this.

Also maybe I can turn a better profit on the exchange selling my boxes because I really don't care.
I do wish the spam would stop though.