Lt. Commander
# 51
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING CRYPTIC, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

There's not much else to say about this system. I find it absolutely sickening that after the community outrage of the last stunt that you have the AUDACITY to do it again. Do you hate the community that much, or are you just that far out of touch with it? Can we expect to have to buy Cstore scanning devices to figure out/use the crafting particles we get? Or buy an advisor to see what kinda tribble drop we got?

This system is completely unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Is there a way to earn keys in game via EC or Dil?
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Is there a way to earn keys in game via EC or Dil?
not as far as i know. i asked earlier if the keys are an account or character unlock but no one answered
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
This comment in public chat just says it all really:

Quote:
[Zone #27] Craig.@xxx: wish i didnt keep getting lockboxes, its making me want to buy more keys from the c store lol
That's the whole point though isn't it? Flood the market with lock boxes, spam about people getting galors, in the hope people spend real cash on cstore stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 55 blantant cash grab
02-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Turbine did this. It did not go over well.

At first, you couldn't even get rid of the things if you didn't want them. Most game items can be destroyed, but not those stupid lock boxes. You either had to sell or trade them to other players, making you a party to this cash grab, or attempt to workaround it by mailing it to yourself and letting the mail autodestruct it. I haven't even gone into the game yet to see this, but I hope PWE didn't go that route as well, it's a pretty sleezy thing to do to players, forcing them to become part of a marketing scheme.

Who would pay money to play a lottery, to play yet another lottery immediately following? Not me. And not anyone if they are smart. And this is no way to treat people who pay subscriptions. Asking them for more money on top of your guaranteed monthly revenue stream of subscription fees is nothing more than a backhand to the face, and you ought to be questioning yourselves for this PWE. Although, knowing that you are borrowing these marketing ideas from Asian MMOs explains quite a bit with this change. Asian f2p means anything goes in the search for more money, to coin a phrase from Spaceballs. I've been down this road with LOTRO, and it doesn't end well. They are scrambling to squeeze money from their customers now, going all the way P2W. I assume that shortly this game is going to do that as well?

A friend sent me this to try it out after we both got disgusted with Turbine and WB ruining that IP, and now we both can see where this is heading here. Good thing too, it means we won't bother spending any money. Next up is the removal of the Dilithium exchange to prevent game play from generating store coin, or at least a tweak to drive the rates into the statosphere.

You know, some people are claiming that MMO's are dying. If they are, it's because of companies that can't be content with monthly fees, and have to try and sucker people into paying both that AND even more on top. Greed is ruining the industry, nothing more. Even in the hard economic times we have now, people still can afford to pay a sub fee on at least one game a month. Way to bite the hand that feeds you.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow, these boxes just keep going from bad to worse don't they?
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
At least the keys are tradeable, so not all is lost, as I've gotten some on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
At least the keys are tradeable, so not all is lost, as I've gotten some on the exchange.
again, they aint cheap. the cheapest key i seen was something like 1,000,000ec
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmThomson89 View Post
again, they aint cheap. the cheapest key i seen was something like 1,000,000ec
Indeed, just caters to the rich, both RL and ingame.

If this setup was in anyway fair, the keys would drop rarely from all mission/stf situations and for ALL levels of player, with the added BONUS of being able to buy it from the cstore.

To force people to pay for cstore "keys" to unlock loot they obtain from normal gameplay, is obscene.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING CRYPTIC, ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

There's not much else to say about this system. I find it absolutely sickening that after the community outrage of the last stunt that you have the AUDACITY to do it again. Do you hate the community that much, or are you just that far out of touch with it? Can we expect to have to buy Cstore scanning devices to figure out/use the crafting particles we get? Or buy an advisor to see what kinda tribble drop we got?

This system is completely unacceptable.
Welcome to the Champions Online's neck of the woods.

I speculated on the CO boards what sort of outrage would occur if the "grab bag" system they tested in CO were to make it into STO.

I was not wrong...LOL

The rage over here is as bad as it was in CO, just in more volume.

Welcome to the new Cryptic man!