Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P not get Support Tickets?
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I bought the collectors edition of this game at launch and just recenlty came back. I have two captains at max level so I didnt see the need for a subscription. I was just wondering if the F2P subscription gets the ability to have support tickets? I have had a ticket up for five days and still no answer... I just didnt know if something changed since I remember the turn around really really fast when I played at first!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
The lack of support isn't a F2P issue. You'll either never hear anything back or you'll get an answer that you should just restart the game/mission/instance and lose progress. Neither is really any form of "support." So, don't hold your breath...you'll turn blue and pass out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a ticket open with Cryptic as well regarding an off-game account issue.

No answer (been 24 hours since opening).

When I opened my own forum post asking about it I was kindly reminded by the moderators here that my ticket would *eventually* be answered. We'll see about that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
If it's a Tech Support issue, you're better off sending it directly to PWE Support.

customerservice@perfectworld.com or http://support.perfectworld.com

The email address is for those who do not wish/do not have an PWE account merged with their Cryptic account.

FYI: The general response time from PWE support is 1-3 business days (not counting weekends/holidays)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
The lack of support isn't a F2P issue. You'll either never hear anything back or you'll get an answer that you should just restart the game/mission/instance and lose progress. Neither is really any form of "support." So, don't hold your breath...you'll turn blue and pass out.
Actually, the F2P Matrix does say that Customer Service is 'Limited' for Silver accounts...

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Funny how the goal posts keep being moved. When I signed up you got access at 20 hours, by the time I played 20 hours they had removed that. And I still don't see why we can't post in bug reports or the f2p forum. Are we too stupid to know what a bug is as we are silvers and if we are f2p players it would make sense if we could post in the f2p forum.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stag65
Funny how the goal posts keep being moved. When I signed up you got access at 20 hours, by the time I played 20 hours they had removed that. And I still don't see why we can't post in bug reports or the f2p forum. Are we too stupid to know what a bug is as we are silvers and if we are f2p players it would make sense if we could post in the f2p forum.
I totally agree! However this is most likely related to the transfer from Cryptic to PWE and the forum permissions are all jacked up until someone over there gets around to updating them. Since that's not really necessary to play the game, chances are you'll be waiting for a VERY long time before it's addressed.