Lt. Commander
I am having the toughest time getting to the correct zone on missions. There is no direct path, and I have to look at both maps just to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Also, i can no longer pay EC to warp to the correct zone. Any help please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Where exactly do you leave the path? Any mission has a yellow text passage that tells you the point of action for this mission. This includes the Systems name, the sector of the system and even the sector block. Using your map (Press M) you can click to "Galaxy Map" to find the right sector block. If you're already in the right sector block you can use autopilot by just clicking on the desired system.

And after two weeks, you don't have any ECs left?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Yea... Navigation in STO sucks...

We told them at beta, we told them at launch, we told them at ever season... Yet nothing has changed... Get used to it.

That said: Stop spending EC on transwarps... if you fly around alot, you quickly get a sence of where all the systems are.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 01:29 AM
If you fly around for a week without transwarping, you'll learn quickly. I don't feel that there is anything wrong is the current mapping system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 04:12 AM
There needs to be a master system list. Sometimes it's confusing which sector block the system is in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discojer
There needs to be a master system list. Sometimes it's confusing which sector block the system is in.
This should do the trick... and the good thing is: Since it is not administered by cryptic, it actually gets updates when the game changes...

http://www.stowiki.org/Galaxy_map
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I tend to find that if the quest doesn't mention where to go the STOWiki answers any questions I may have regarding where a system might be.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 07:45 AM
I still don't see why we cannot set a course from wherever we are to wherever we need to go no matter how many "zones" away it is by simply clicking on the quest and selecting set course and engage., with a check box to auto-zone across sector blocks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman12291969
I am having the toughest time getting to the correct zone on missions. There is no direct path, and I have to look at both maps just to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Also, i can no longer pay EC to warp to the correct zone. Any help please?
The mission briefing itself doesn't always indicate which Sector Block you needs to travel to.The trick to always finding where you need to go is the green(?) Mission Text that is at the bottom of the Mission Briefing. That will tell you which Sector Block the System is located.

Sector Blocks are the sector space instances that we travel between. Each Sector Block has generally 2-4 sectors which make up the Sector Block. Once you are in the right Sector Block, you can use the Systems tab on the Map window to get a course automatically.

And the Galaxy tab of the Map window is your friend for learning the how to move around. The current sector you are located in will be highlighted. Your location in the sector will be a dot with a caret. The Galaxy tab is the entire "universe" of STO.

The relative locations of each sector block is now you can travel to each block. And the Galaxy map will show you the sectors which are coterminous for each block (i.e. the areas you can travel between the sector blocks). Some Sector Blocks are not located next to one another. Their Travel Paths are indicated by lines on the Galaxy Map.