Lt. Commander
# 1 9th Feb patch
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Since the patch my launcher would crash out when I Engage the game, I have now verified the game files and now I get an error saying " Unable to start game client: %1 is not a valid Win32 application"

would anyone know how I fix this? or is it gonna be a re install?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Given the situation and error message, I'm going with full uninstall/reinstall unless you hve a bckup of the game launcher app, NOT the launcher app, so you can replace it, patch and game. Sorry, I'm on my phone atm
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
Given the situation and error message, I'm going with full uninstall/reinstall unless you hve a bckup of the game launcher app, NOT the launcher app, so you can replace it, patch and game. Sorry, I'm on my phone atm

argh damn I guessed that would be the case - I dont have a backup :C

Thanks for the assist.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
You're welcome, I just hope it works.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
You're welcome, I just hope it works.
Re installed the game, worked the first time, logged off, went to work, went to go on game again and now having he same problem again.

nothing has changed as far as my pc is concerned and ive been playing sto since it was released without any problem... just since this patch :C

can you suggest anything else?

I'm already re installing it again just in case.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Try giving Pando the boot from your system. Once you're up and running in the game, uninstall that guy. Apparently (and the dev's aren't saying much) they are suggesting that we uninstall it if we're getting disconnects, so I'm thinking they are hoping that's the issue and telling us all to try that to see if it works. So I'd give that a shot and see if that helps on any level. Meanwhile I've been digging and digging and I'm starting to see some parallels here with a great majority of the disconnect issues.