Lt. Commander
# 1 Stf
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
they are quite fun, can we get some more?

We need more. We need epic stf, they are dungeons. can we get a 10 man stf...

more stf please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
they are quite fun, can we get some more?

We need more. We need epic stf, they are dungeons. can we get a 10 man stf...

more stf please.
A fleet action is a mission that involves up to 20 players in the same battle. They are available as both ground combat and space combat. Contrary to the name, players involved in a fleet action do not have to be part of the same fleet. Fleet Actions can actually be a full episode, rather than a repeatable mission, such as Starbase 24.

Cited Source: ( http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_action )

But I do agree, I still wonder why Terradome was not included with the new PvE revamp...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
A fleet action is a mission that involves up to 20 players in the same battle. They are available as both ground combat and space combat. Contrary to the name, players involved in a fleet action do not have to be part of the same fleet. Fleet Actions can actually be a full episode, rather than a repeatable mission, such as Starbase 24.

Cited Source: ( http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_action )

But I do agree, I still wonder why Terradome was not included with the new PvE revamp...

Starbase 24 is the one with all of the debris everywhere, right? That is the one place in the game that I get lag, and that lag is horrendous.

That aside, I would love more STFs. The Federation and the Klingons are supposed to be war. How about a new STF for each side where they are trying to defeat NPCs from the opposing Faction?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
an STF involving the Dominion would be cool (since they are the next featured series) I think they want to focus on "Netural" enemies so Klingons and Feds can still team up for them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
I started playing STFs for the first time today. I've been playing this game since the day it was released, and always avoided STFs because I figured I'd just muck things up or get everybody killed. Finally, because I wanted some of that sweet, sweet Borg gear, I decided to jump in and give it a go. I started with the Cure - "Space" / "Normal". After being disoriented for a few seconds upon appearing on the map, I simply followed the lead ship to our first target.

It was so much fun! The guys I was with must have been really good, because we wiped out the 3 Borg bases in about 13 minutes. We destroyed the Klingon carrier and protected the Kang. All in all, it was a blast! The guys were nice, too. I'm sure I messed up a few times, but no one said anything. I'm kind of hoping that's because Star Trek fans are nicer to one another. At least, that's what I figure. Still, tons of fun, and I've already been back twice. I know there are other STFs, and I hope they make more soon!