Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Cstore? I was surprised to see that the Cstore wasn't directly linked in this article. I would have added it at least four times!

<3

Thanks for making the skill boost changes, and the commendation boosts will be something nice to level diplomacy et al with as soon as I buy a few via dilithium.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynt_DoubleBrook
Perhaps this is crass, but what exactly is stressful about using a boost? You launch it, you use it till it wears off, then you move on. If you use a boost then spend 3/4 of the time playing in your bank, that's poor planning on your part.

If these boosts just give you a set amount of bonus points, why not just award the points on receipt and skip the illusion that they are being used over time.

My cynical $0.02.
hes talking about when your runnin round the place and fighting as much stuff as ya can find to make the most of the boost. i think the change is a wonderful idea =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynt_DoubleBrook
If these boosts just give you a set amount of bonus points, why not just award the points on receipt and skip the illusion that they are being used over time.
Congratulations, you just described what Pay To Win actually is.
First time in a long time someone has done that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neos472 View Post
hes talking about when your runnin round the place and fighting as much stuff as ya can find to make the most of the boost. i think the change is a wonderful idea =)
Yup. With the old, time based boost, people would try and make sure they were only using it at the times when they were gaining the most XP possible, and being annoyed if they 'wasted' one at a lower XP time. The intent of the new boost is to allow you the ease of mind to use it whenever/wherever you want. Since it's XP based instead of time based, it doesn't matter where or how fast that XP comes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Yup. With the old, time based boost, people would try and make sure they were only using it at the times when they were gaining the most XP possible, and being annoyed if they 'wasted' one at a lower XP time. The intent of the new boost is to allow you the ease of mind to use it whenever/wherever you want. Since it's XP based instead of time based, it doesn't matter where or how fast that XP comes.
Is there going to be a way to swap out the old ones?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Why cant we have both and let people chose based on what will give each individual the best return. For some of us this is a huge nerf.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-09-2012, 06:34 PM
When it says up to 2,000 XP, does that mean 2,000 extra bonus XP or 2,000 total XP (including bonus) earned?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
Why cant we have both and let people chose based on what will give each individual the best return. For some of us this is a huge nerf.
Good catch. I made quite effective use of the old boosts. That being said, I would actually prefer the old boost in many cases.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
New XP and Commendation XP Boosts are now available in the C-Store. Also, Stephen talks about today's C-Store releases and Console changes in Dev Diary #21 of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the news article.
Thanks to the new CXP and the lock boxes I now have 150K+ cxp from about 30 boxes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynt_DoubleBrook
Perhaps this is crass, but what exactly is stressful about using a boost?
It's just jargon that only makes sense to them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.