Lt. Commander
Hey

Just wanted to check something. Is it only possible to receive a Galor class ship from the box if you are level 40 and above, or is it possible to recieve the ship, but not use it until 40?

Not long ago got a free ship from a quest which I cant use yet, made me wonder..

If it is only possible to receive it at 40, does anyone know when the crates determine what is inside? as I could just save a load until 40.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceblunt
Hey

Just wanted to check something. Is it only possible to receive a Galor class ship from the box if you are level 40 and above, or is it possible to recieve the ship, but not use it until 40?

Not long ago got a free ship from a quest which I cant use yet, made me wonder..

If it is only possible to receive it at 40, does anyone know when the crates determine what is inside? as I could just save a load until 40.
From the Lock Box FAQ...
Quote:
A box with a Cardassian Galor class cruiser starship. This box can only be opened by a character of level 40 or higher. This box can be traded until it is opened. Once it is opened, the starship cannot be traded.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?a=11
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Hi, thanks for the reply. I did actually see that piece of writing, however, it doesn't actually answer my question. In fact it was what made me ask the question.

Is the ship in a box, which is then inside the lockbox? In which case I would imagine it could be obtained by any level, but not used until 40.

It doesn't say where the game determines the contents of the box. (not that i expoect it to) but it makes a big difference. If i farmed loads of lock boxes, then just sat on them until 40, then opened them, where it a case of them determining what is in the box when I recieved it, there would be no way to get a ship from it. But if it determines the contents when the box is opened, then it would be worth saving ome for 40.

This all basically boils down to the question, is it possible to get a ship before 40, and keep it in your inventory?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 03:29 AM
The Galor is a useable item that comes out of a lockbox. If you get one you can choose not to claim it and ship it to a different character or sell it. I unboxed mine on my Tac and sent it to my Engi.

My friend unboxed one last night while I was in voice chat with him. He was level 39 at the time. So you can get the ship claim item below 40.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Hi, thanks for the reply. I did actually see that piece of writing, however, it doesn't actually answer my question. In fact it was what made me ask the question.

Is the ship in a box, which is then inside the lockbox? In which case I would imagine it could be obtained by any level, but not used until 40.

It doesn't say where the game determines the contents of the box. (not that i expoect it to) but it makes a big difference. If i farmed loads of lock boxes, then just sat on them until 40, then opened them, where it a case of them determining what is in the box when I recieved it, there would be no way to get a ship from it. But if it determines the contents when the box is opened, then it would be worth saving ome for 40.

This all basically boils down to the question, is it possible to get a ship before 40, and keep it in your inventory?
Let me put it this way you are not suppoast to even be able to open the boxes b4 level 40 so if i was you i would just farm them and sit on them till level 40
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
H
You determine the contents when you unlock the 'Lock Box'... In the case of the Galor, if you're very very lucky, when you unlock a box, you get a Galor 'in a Galor Box', which you can keep unopened until you qualify to use it, or trade or sell...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Yes. The lockboxes can be opened at any level, and the Galor comes as an item in your inventory if you get one from a lockbox. You can trade the item or hold onto it until level 40. Once you "use" the Galor item, you get the ship and it becomes bound to that character.

I kinda wish the Odyssey was like that, because my Sci captain is never going to use it, but I'd like to give it to a future character I might make.