Lt. Commander
HI, i run stf normal day a day, i am Engineering KDF (gorn) in Marauder flight deck. I have already full weapons mk xi (borg, beam array+photon torpedo fore) + assimilated borg set + Jem'hadar shield array, well, i run about 40 times (each) normal cure and infected space.. now i am thinking in begin both in elite... but i have some questions ( i dont have idea begin if i no have all requeriments possible), the questions are the next:

- Which videos in youtube are most recommend for watch previously?
- Set of weapons & consoles are ok or i need modifie something?
- Some recomendation additional?

Thanks in advanced
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Joint the EliteSTF chat channel to find a group, since you probably don't want to PUG at Elite level. In the pregame chat, when someone asks about 10% or RMMRL, be sure to ask what that means for that mission (if you don't already know of course). Don't Need gear except for Salvage and EDC, or people will Ignore you and not invite you to their games again. And your first couple of runs just stay with the main group, leave the loner roles to the more-experienced players. Really though, once you get the feel for the basic tactics commonly used, Elites actually aren't much more difficult than regular difficulty. Oh, and when you get blown up by the occasional 50k torp or 5k cannon blast, be sure to hit ESD or DS9 between missions for repairs before hitting your next run. Its free, so don't need to stockpile Components, and you don't want to hinder your team by showing up in an already-damaged ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks!!! i will begin to read the Guide (mjaymor) and thanks reginamala (good suggestions!!)

mmmmm i think now... i will start elite in 1 week... i think i need learn more thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes don't need, greed, I didn't know at first until a member told me. I'm sure a few already have me on there list but know I know (wish I knew before :-( ). And put only ONE type of beam on your ship, rainbow boat don't work.

Know your tactic for each one stick to it and you should do fine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 02:49 PM
tbh if your in a pug wait for the first decent loot to drop and see what everyone else chooses....if they all greed then you now you have a honest group and you can also greed.

However most pugs go like this:
dave needs
steve1 needs
k1rk needs
etc

In which case i personally need also so that they gain no benefit from being need monkeys
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-14-2012, 04:56 PM
wow a smart newbie

random search but sure elite is typed or you will get old ones