Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange [Master Key] CHEAP!
02-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I hear alot of people whining about the price of the [Master Key]'s on the exchange. well tbh they are really cheap.

Look at it this way (yes Math time)

atm on the price of the [Master Key] on the exchange is - 1,200,000 energy credits. Now this may seem expensive, but is infact cheap.

[uncommon unreplicable materials] are 100,00 credits, and cost 1000dilithium each.

Now prices on Cpoint/dilthium change all the time, but currently it is 222/1cpoint.

Let me round it down to a nice even 200, this means that 1 cpoint is currently worth about 20k credits.

with this in mind, a [Master Key] is worth 100cpoints. meaning that based on that calculation, a single [Master Key] is valued at 2,000,000 energy credits.

and I can see a increase in diilithium to cpoint exchange rates, maybe seeing 300+ per cpoint.

So 1.2mil for a [Master Key] is cheap lol

(BTW I'm not saying this because I am selling any [Master Key]'s. cba with that lol. Just trying to stop some whines)

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 09:03 AM
haha 187 views but no replies. your posting skills are slipping STO community lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks666 View Post
I hear alot of people whining about the price of the [Master Key]'s on the exchange. well tbh they are really cheap.

Look at it this way (yes Math time)

atm on the price of the [Master Key] on the exchange is - 1,200,000 energy credits. Now this may seem expensive, but is infact cheap.

[uncommon unreplicable materials] are 100,00 credits, and cost 1000dilithium each.

Now prices on Cpoint/dilthium change all the time, but currently it is 222/1cpoint.

Let me round it down to a nice even 200, this means that 1 cpoint is currently worth about 20k credits.

with this in mind, a [Master Key] is worth 100cpoints. meaning that based on that calculation, a single [Master Key] is valued at 2,000,000 energy credits.

and I can see a increase in diilithium to cpoint exchange rates, maybe seeing 300+ per cpoint.

So 1.2mil for a [Master Key] is cheap lol

(BTW I'm not saying this because I am selling any [Master Key]'s. cba with that lol. Just trying to stop some whines)

Thanks
Actually I just got two of them for a total of 1.2 million (600,000 each). Someone messed up when they put them in the exchange and thought it was just one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Well I bought a key on the exchange since I had credits and traded to a friend since I am not into the box bs since the last one. It disappeared when trading, it showed up in his inventory after he bought another one on the exchange. Before that I bought another one for some stupid reason and decided to trade a battery and the key to see what happened.. before I could select the key it dissapeared... haven't seen it re-appear yet.

I think someone accidently posted 10 boxes for 2300. But then after playing some more and getting 2 boxes in Sh'imar with no other drops it seems the boxes are replacing normal drops, even though the faq said different?

C points wont go up much more because the dilthm exchange is always down
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Your calculation checks out. They should sell for roughly 1.2 million although people are buying for 1.5 right now.

Figure it this way.

For cheaters who buy credits from the online farmer companies they pay about 1.30 per million credits.

$13 for 10 million.

At 1.5 million per key people are over paying, but since buying from Cryptic directly is only $1.30 (w/tax) for 100 CP we should see the Exchange cost come down.

1000 Cryptic points cost $12.50 + Tax, but you do get a one key discount in a ten pack (900 cp for 10) lets just average and say $1 per key in CP cost if you buy them from Cryptic.

That puts the real world market rate at 1.3 million per key which would make it the same cost in real money from the online credit sellers as it is to just buy them from Crytic.

Anything less than 1.3 million for a key on the exchange right now is technically a bargain.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Indeed, I'd also agree that anything less than 1.5mil is a bargain, but if its between 1.6-1.8mil, your not technically getting ripped off.

and Nice bargain on them 600k ones lol, I managed to get some Rare Lock Box's for 20k last night when the market got flooded lmao
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks666 View Post
Indeed, I'd also agree that anything less than 1.5mil is a bargain, but if its between 1.6-1.8mil, your not technically getting ripped off.

and Nice bargain on them 600k ones lol, I managed to get some Rare Lock Box's for 20k last night when the market got flooded lmao
1.3 million is the real world cost when you figure it using the real world rates for energy credits from the online gold sellers/farmers and then cross reference that with the cost of CP from Cryptic and the price of the keys from the store.

Although I will agree with you that is is worth paying more than 1.3 million each simply because its much easier to farm energy credits and if your going to pay for something in the game energy credits are by far the least valuable commdoty when you compare it to either cryptic points, or real cash.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
1.3 million is the real world cost when you figure it using the real world rates for energy credits from the online gold sellers/farmers and then cross reference that with the cost of CP from Cryptic and the price of the keys from the store.

Although I will agree with you that is is worth paying more than 1.3 million each simply because its much easier to farm energy credits and if your going to pay for something in the game energy credits are by far the least valuable commdoty when you compare it to either cryptic points, or real cash.
At that rate, wouldn't it just be easier to buy the key from the c-store? Why pay MILLIONS of ec's?

P.S. Not everybody is a lvl 50 admiral

I don't have anywhere near 100k, let alone 1M ECs, let alone MILLIONS free to trade! lol! Edit: PER KEY! Now try getting 10 rubbish boxes with nothing of value you've wiped yourself out for something that cost 5 bucks in the store.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster
At that rate, wouldn't it just be easier to buy the key from the c-store? Why pay MILLIONS of ec's?

P.S. Not everybody is a lvl 50 admiral

I don't have anywhere near 100k, let alone 1M ECs, let alone MILLIONS free to trade! lol! Edit: PER KEY! Now try getting 10 rubbish boxes with nothing of value you've wiped yourself out for something that cost 5 bucks in the store.
The reason for the thread is to make the argument that Gold members and Lifetime members who have been arround a long time both have the billion limit bank accounts and should have very healthy reserves of of Electronic credits as well as the experience to be able to make more electronic credits.

As of now they are griping because they have to pay cash on top of their subscriptions to open the boxes.

This thread makes the case that they are overlooking the obvious by not realizing the fact that they are in the best position to be able to buy their keys for what to them is regarded as a nearly useless in game currency.

In effect the F2P people are paying cash to buy keys to sell to the gold accounts and lifers for electronic credits. The F2P people are paying the money for the Lifers and Gold accounts to open their boxes for free.

I came back when F2P lainched, but I am a returning player.

I had 8 million credits when I came back from when I had stopped playing well over a year ago. Right now I have 14 million (split on two alts). I have made an additional 7 million credits since I returned when F2P launched. Remember there are work arrounds to be able to transfer energy credits between alts.

Its not hard to make energy credits in this game if you know what your doing. It does take some effort, but its not that hard.

Add to that the Gold/Lifer stipend on top of being able to refine 8k dilithium per charactor per day and its easy to see just how many free keys they can come up with.

If you refine dilithium on 3 alts per day thats nearly 100 CP per day. A free key per day in addition to the 4 free ones per month and on top of that they can buy them from the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
The reason for the thread is to make the argument that Gold members and Lifetime members who have been arround a long time both have the billion limit bank accounts and should have very healthy reserves of of Electronic credits as well as the experience to be able to make more electronic credits.

As of now they are griping because they have to pay cash on top of their subscriptions to open the boxes.

This thread makes the case that they are overlooking the obvious by not realizing the fact that they are in the best position to be able to buy their keys for what to them is regarded as a nearly useless in game currency.

In effect the F2P people are paying cash to buy keys to sell to the gold accounts and lifers for electronic credits. The F2P people are paying the money for the Lifers and Gold accounts to open their boxes for free.

I came back when F2P lainched, but I am a returning player.

I had 8 million credits when I came back from when I had stopped playing well over a year ago. Right now I have 14 million (split on two alts). I have made an additional 7 million credits since I returned when F2P launched. Remember there are work arrounds to be able to transfer energy credits between alts.

Its not hard to make energy credits in this game if you know what your doing. It does take some effort, but its not that hard.

Add to that the Gold/Lifer stipend on top of being able to refine 8k dilithium per charactor per day and its easy to see just how many free keys they can come up with.

If you refine dilithium on 3 alts per day thats nearly 100 CP per day. A free key per day in addition to the 4 free ones per month and on top of that they can buy them from the exchange.

One other thing. The only reason I only have about 14 million energy credits now is because I have been spending millions on Doffs.

I have 10 (blue) rare Doffs and over 40 (green) Uncommon ones the vast majority of which I bought off the exchange. Thats at least 15 million I have spent and I still have close to 15 million.

That means that since F2P started I have made over 20 million energy credits.

My ship gear cost me nothing. I have both the MACO and OMEGA MK-11 sets as well as all MK-11 purple weapons bought with rare salvage and I already have 7 prototype salvage sitting in my bank to get my MK-12 when I am ready.

Lest I forget to mention I have 1235 CP in my bank as well that cost me nothing as when I returned I had over 100 thousand refined dilithium from when they changed the economy and swapped out the old badges and stuff. I sold all of it for under 200 per CP in addition to farming and refining 8k per day and sometimes 16k per day using another alt.