Lt. Commander
# 1 Going Down the Tubes
02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Ever since Perfect World has taken over and started the Free to play Star Trek online has been going down the Tubes in a BIG way.

It seems that there is a tremendous amount of down time now as opposed to when Atari was in charge.

There is definately 5 times more lag during battles and loading time for areas like Deep Space Nine, Sol, Earth Space Dock and Qo'Nos.

And now they give us Lock Boxes that we have to buy Keys from the C-Store to open.

I bought 30 of those keys and opened 30 boxes trying to get the Cardasian Ship. What I got was a bunch of useless crap and I am a paying Subscriber.

So I would like the Geniuses (and I use that term EXTEREMELY losely) to explain to me WHY I should continue to PAY REAL MONEY for the same crappy quality and benefits that I would get for free?

Maybe they want us ALL to stop giving them our money and convert to the free to play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassyAnne
Ever since Perfect World has taken over and started the Free to play Star Trek online has been going down the Tubes in a BIG way.

It seems that there is a tremendous amount of down time now as opposed to when Atari was in charge.

There is definately 5 times more lag during battles and loading time for areas like Deep Space Nine, Sol, Earth Space Dock and Qo'Nos.

And now they give us Lock Boxes that we have to buy Keys from the C-Store to open.

I bought 30 of those keys and opened 30 boxes trying to get the Cardasian Ship. What I got was a bunch of useless crap and I am a paying Subscriber.

So I would like the Geniuses (and I use that term EXTEREMELY losely) to explain to me WHY I should continue to PAY REAL MONEY for the same crappy quality and benefits that I would get for free?

Maybe they want us ALL to stop giving them our money and convert to the free to play.
You don't lose a whole lot by shifting over to freemium. I promise it isn't that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
You don't lose a whole lot by shifting over to freemium. I promise it isn't that bad.
If I could get a refund on my LTS and switch over, I would. I have no desire to support PWE financially at all.

I am deleting all Cardy Boxes I find, I am warning people away from STO, I am speaking out as much as I can, hoping maybe if I can change a few minds here and there, make people aware, that it will spread, and affect their bottom line, and PWE will take a hands-off policy and let the Cryptic Devs decide the future of STO instead of the PWE bean-counters.

When Cryptic was in charge of itself, this game was AWESOME. We had FEs coming out, if not liek clockwork, than at last more than 2 a year, bug fixes, a cosmetic-only C-Store.. And the game was making money, it was Ataris one performing asset. If PWE would understand how much more money they could make with a content-heavy game than a Cash-Shop-Item heavy one, things would get better around here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Ya I switched to a free account, as its obvious where the game is headed. The game is nearly the same as when paying a subscription. Plus doubt I'll be playing much longer, I'll pop in for FE's then disappear. Funny, I came back after being gone for a a long while and there was almost NOTHING new...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:

An angry forum post is a small price to pay for the $42.49 you've given them this month to support these shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
I went to the silver plan because of this, myself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicallyHerc
Ya I switched to a free account, as its obvious where the game is headed. The game is nearly the same as when paying a subscription. Plus doubt I'll be playing much longer, I'll pop in for FE's then disappear. Funny, I came back after being gone for a a long while and there was almost NOTHING new...
lol, I know! I dropped out back in Septermber/August over the whole +1 ship fiasco. So, I started playing the Mass Effect games, the DCUO game, and the Deus Ex game instead. Oh man, I tried the game after it first came out f2p, and was bored out of my mind wondering why I ever thought it was good. Then, they released the Oddyssey for free(I have it, but don't use it) and I started to understand the love of the duty officer system and decided to stick around. But don't worry, Cryptic is trying as hard as they can to tell me that it's okay to cheat on Star Trek online all I want. I gotz me a new girlfriend apparently, and her name may be Bioware, or whatever company floats my boat next month.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess this was about the C-Store and not his disgust for Cryptic/PWE.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
I gotz me a new girlfriend apparently, and her name may be Bioware, or whatever company floats my boat next month.

I bet that there is at least one couple that has named their daughter "Bioware". And that name assures the girl a bright future in the adult entertainment industry.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Why, oh why would you do that ?

The only way to vote for or against the event is with your cash. You, sadly, voted for it, 30 times. Forum posts count for nothing when you've handed them a pile of money.
The whole point of the event is that very few people get the Galor (thankfully - i'm not looking forward to whole groups where every Fed flies cardassian, thank you), if it were to have a price it would be at least 10000 CP. Opening regular boxes is outright foolish, if you truly wanted just the Galor you should've ONLY opened gold ones and even those won't gurantee your result.

Everyone who has an ounce of self-control chucks the regular boxes on the exchange, shrugs their shoulders and forgets about the whole thing. It's the naive and gambling addicts who keep the thing going.