Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
OK, with all due respect... I don't like the way the Bortas looks, it looks exactly like the box it came in. I'd like it to be more smooth and less box-like...

Maybe make the bridge part less box-like... make it more smooth, like a Negh'Var... but still make a bit of a difference, same with the wings... make them smoother, not box-like. Anyone agree?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
OK, with all due respect... I don't like the way the Bortas looks, it looks exactly like the box it came in. I'd like it to be more smooth and less box-like...

Maybe make the bridge part less box-like... make it more smooth, like a Negh'Var... but still make a bit of a difference, same with the wings... make them smoother, not box-like. Anyone agree?
Nope.

<10coconuts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
the basis of Klingon design, except for the Bird-of-Prey's (which were actually a stolen Romulan design, this info cut from The Search For Spock), is boxy and intimidating

so sorry, no go on that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Klingon's don't make smooth anything. At least not since their foreheads were smooth, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
The only issue I had with it, is that I think it needed to be wider. But that's just personal preference.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Those Hybrids were all wiped out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Klingon's don't make smooth anything. At least not since their foreheads were smooth, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
The only issue I had with it, is that I think it needed to be wider. But that's just personal preference.
I think that if the 'thickness' of the hammer head was knocked down by about half, it wouldn't look as odd, even for as narrow as it is. To me, the fact that the ship gets *thicker* as it gets to the front is 'off'. Even though the Vor'Kang has a thick front at the middle, the fact that the hammerhead narrows out counteracts that. The Bortas needs a little rhinoplasty and it'd look great.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
the basis of Klingon design, except for the Bird-of-Prey's (which were actually a stolen Romulan design, this info cut from The Search For Spock), is boxy and intimidating

so sorry, no go on that
The known Klingon ships from the series were not boxy at all. They were very curvy...with hard edges here and there. This ship is a layered, blocky...faceted, scaled piece of space debris.

I am dissapointed in it, something like this would have been better:

http://sovereignreplicas.com/wpsr/wp.../06/kbc_02.jpg

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/a.../d70-views.jpg

Why do fans create better ships than the professionals? Really...I like Capnlogans recent work on the Fed ships...but the Klingon designs in this game have always been horribly ugly as sin IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
That one would be an *excellent* replacement for the currently less than stellar 'modern' K't'inga design (or as a T5 K't'inga..)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Why do fans create better ships than the professionals?
because in those fan's eyes, their creations ARE better than the professionals. in their opinions, the professional designs either look bad, horrible, off, ugly, whatever you want to call it... so they create their own

but overall, not everyone will like the design of a specific thing, that's to be expected

you don't like the current one, so the fanmade ones look better to you. and it's okay
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.