Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
There is a lot of stuff I would love to do to DS9 (inside and out), including many of the issues Frojo mentioned above (and yes, I had noticed all of them already).
Just be detail oriented.

As in "noticing" my name is Forjo, not Frojo.

Now fix that station! :p

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2012, 02:19 AM
I am just sorry you viewed me as coming across as "the wtf fix it" person, when as you said which you were right im the "hey devs i noticed a few things, here is what i think, do you agree at all" kinda thing. As you basically used in them 2 hypothetical quotes.

I try to post politely and thought i had done a good constructive criticism posting here but i guess that did not come across as well as i thought i had done.

Wires crossed and all im glad you see i was just trying to bring up some niggles which i thought could use some touch ups and while i knew u were working on ds9 touch ups i thought now would be the best time to bring them to your attention thats all really. Never wanted to come across as someone who demanded fixes just the knowledge that the suggestion was heard is enough.

Now lets all have a group hug.

Btw Tumerboy. Do you have a website of your own showing off past work like logan does, would be interested in seeing past work as i do love 3d art. Especially renders of cool scenes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2012, 02:50 AM

tldr just looked pics

from comparing these screenshots i notice mostly that DS9 seems to be missing a lot of windows.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2012, 03:01 AM
I had remembered that forjo said it looked to be using a "reflective" map on the windows and with me turning off reflection quality due to how i hate the ships being too shiny with it on i went on the game to check what the windows of ds9 looked like with reflection quality to high and true enough it turns on the glow maps as tumer explains it to be. Still doesnt look right to me but at least i know what he was showing me with the on photo, as now the windows look a bit more than just a texture to me now as they have a kind of blue overlay on them now.

Shame i have reflections off so i wont see it much but at least i see more now of where you were coming from tumer.