Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
I guess I should've checked, but given that I still have some lifetime perks, like classified access codes/captains table access etc, I just assumed nothing had changed. :p
Actually, both of these are 'Veterans Rewards' perks and not 'Lifetime' perks... If you actually have a 'Lifetime' sub on the account, then the 'Liberated Borg' character type should be available to you in the character generation menu... If not, then its not a Lifetime sub...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Indeed it is, or was, my main character is a liberated borg.

Can't login to the game right now though to see if it's still an option.

The Account service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Actually, both of these are 'Veterans Rewards' perks and not 'Lifetime' perks... If you actually have a 'Lifetime' sub on the account, then the 'Liberated Borg' character type should be available to you in the character generation menu... If not, then its not a Lifetime sub...
http://www.dresch.co.uk/liberated.jpg

Yes, it's still an option.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I literally don't get why the game can't keep track of this; I am in fact rather sure it can for hardly any extra disk space. It would also convince some players to go gold or buy the extension.
Go gold now and get this much money!
Also yeah, "costumer service" in this game is pretty poor, I had a couple of issues similar to some I had back when I was still playing World of ********, over there my ticket got answered, a minute later I was told it's done, is that all?
Answer over here? Sucks to be you, how about buying some more stuff? well paraphrased of course but I got the impression the guy was having a bad day.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Indeed, I have 2 tickets open right now, 3 hours have gone past

Not sure what the average wait time is though.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
I've heard some interesting things about press accounts thats for sure. I don't think anything short of a direct communique with CS/Billing would have offered you the information needed pre-f2p transition, as I don't think there is any official documentation on press accounts - apart from the interesting things I have heard... rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Well, from memory, a bunch of fansites approached Atari/Cryptic before launch and were offered press accounts in return for reviewing the game and hosting wiki's etc, with information useful to the STO players.

In return for doing that, a select number of staff got what's called a "press" account, which entitled the staff member to "unlimited" access to the Cstore section and the account would be marked as "lifetime".

Sadly, it seems both of those perks have been removed from old press accounts, without any nofitication at all.

The response I got from my ticket was as follows:

Quote:
Greetings, As Cryptic Studios was recently purchased by Perfect World Entertainment, we're in the process of reassessing many of our policies. The way we handle press accounts is one such policy we're changing to be more inline with that of our owner. The revised press access now includes a stipend, as opposed to unlimited access to all C-store purchases. If you'd like to request additional help with your account, we recommend contacting pr@crypticstudios.com. Thanks so much! xxxxxx Cryptic Billing Support
The removal of the unlimited access to the cstore I can understand, somewhat, although it would've been nice to have had access to the non tradeable items, but to remove the lifetime status as well? Hrmm!

And to not even email fansites to update us of the change in perks.

I've written to the PR addresa anyways.

My ticket about the lost 150 million EC's is unanswered thus far.

I was planning on writing an updated review of the game, since a fair amount of time has passed since it's launch, but given the circumstances, I'm not sure it'd be to positive.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Actually, I've had a very positive experience with customer service. I accidentally deleted my main character. Master crafter, millions of EC, beaten all STF's, you name it I had it. I was ... a little .... RAGE... to put it bluntly. I opened a ticket and within a week I had it back.
Don't count the out just yet!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Hehe, glad you got your situation sorted
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
I decided to put the new galor up for sale on the exchange, starting prices were 300 million or more, so I put mine up for 150 million

It sold within about 10 minutes.....but there's a problem, as I'm a "silver" account (despite the fact I'm supposed to be a lifetimer), the 150 million has gone awol, it isn't showing in my account.

I figured perhaps i needed to upgrade my EC cap to 1 billion, which I did, but the EC's still don't show.

So is it safe to assume all the 150 million of my energy credits have gone into some magic blackhole? D'oh!
Ouch! I wish you luck with that one.