Lt. Commander
I have noticed most of the new players comeing to the game are only concerned with leveling fast , but the problem with that is when you get to top rank most of them have very little EC or dilithium, and your gonna need boath to get some decent gear, and fleets like to help but its not the fleets responsiblity to compleatly outfit you with all the top gear, so take your time you will get there soon enough, farm for your dilithium, and earn EC, it will help you out alot, plus there are alot of fun lower missions your probably missing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Plus you miss out on all the hidden Accolades in Missions if you rush right through them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
It would be nice to take your time levelling but it is not possible. I have not played long and I am already RA: Upper and have done only dailies and few mirror events, and some exploting. I haven't seen most of the sectors to do this either. Now being new I should not know how to powerlevel a character like I do in other games but I have levelled faster here than in those.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
It's too easy to level in this game, not nearly enough time to earn enough dilithium to outfit yourself in current rank gear - you level too fast. Can't touch most patrolls and quests - you level too fast. Can't enjoy much time in any rank - you level too fast. It's too easy.l
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 03:14 AM
but that is my point take your time do the missions, and your also missing out on some gear that levels with you how you play is your choise no one elses. this is a friendly sujestion to help you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
but that is my point take your time do the missions, and your also missing out on some gear that levels with you how you play is your choise no one elses. this is a friendly sujestion to help you.
Then tell us how to slow it down.

My point was I would love to take my time. In game the journey is just as important to me as is the story than reaching end game. However I can't slow it down. I have not rushed through anything.

The current FE is an example of what I mean. I did not rush through it instead I did all the optionals too to see the story involved.

Personally I would like to remove the skill points for character, not BOffs, from the rewards even as just an optional choice so that those that want them can keep them and those that don't can remove them.

Even in WoW there are people asking, if not begging, for a way to slow down the levelling. Again they don't want to force it on everyone but have asked for things similar to heirlooms or scrolls or anything else that they can use to reduce the experience earned to slow down the process.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia

My point was I would love to take my time. In game the journey is just as important to me as is the story than reaching end game. However I can't slow it down. I have not rushed through anything.

The current FE is an example of what I mean. I did not rush through it instead I did all the optionals too to see the story involved.

Personally I would like to remove the skill points for character, not BOffs, from the rewards even as just an optional choice so that those that want them can keep them and those that don't can remove them.

Even in WoW there are people asking, if not begging, for a way to slow down the levelling. Again they don't want to force it on everyone but have asked for things similar to heirlooms or scrolls or anything else that they can use to reduce the experience earned to slow down the process.
Simple what i said just do the regular missions. no big secrit
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
My current alt is leveling only via Foundry and Exploration missions. Over 2 weeks in and he's still only Lieutenant level. You don't need to only do the normal Mission chain or DOFFs. There's a lot of other ways to get XP in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Simple what i said just do the regular missions. no big secrit
Unfortunatly that is not a good advice for slow leveling anymore. Stories and patrols give the most XP these days and just by doing them you'll hit VA in the middle of the Romulan front. Skip the patrols and do only story missions and it will be the end of the Romulan or maybe beginning of the Cardassian front. That's thanks to Cryptic increasing the leveling speed to solve the problem of too fast leveling we already had before Season 5.

Try to get some Dilithium on your way up the ranks and it will go even faster. There is no "take your time" any longer. I tested it with a new character and it absolutly sucks the fun out of it and leaves us with a bunch of new players that not only know half of the game when they hit VA.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 10:29 AM
As a new player, I found the leveling to be very fast, however you can slow it down by mixing it up a bit. I finally made it to VA yesterday and I started the day after it went F2P, doing a couple of the missions in each episode and a few dailies everynight. The money should be no issue if you are using the exchange to sell some of the mats you get and any pieces of gear you don't use, which will help supplement outfitting your ship. Yeah you will need them for crafting, but at level cap, there's lots of time to spare leveling your crafting.

And the OP is right in a way by saying slow down while you do episodes. Read the stories, enjoy the journey and the nostalgia of some of these episodes, and break up your game time with an explore mission or something. By doing this I didnt hit VA untiil I was on the borg and undine missions, and I actually was needing a level before I was able to accept the next episode in some cases around levels 38 to 50. I still have a few missions left out of my final episode and i'll be on the new episodes for the 2800.

I guess the secret is to explore everything the game has to offer and learn instead of doing mission after mission after mission and divide your playing time among them.