Lt. Commander
# 51
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Nog was on the Defiant, too.
Oh yeah, I forgot about him, "the Old Man" could be Nog, I'm not sure what he's up to in STO's time, he's probably a Captain or Admiral somewhere. Possibly on Starbase 375.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I was gonna say Worf, but he wasn't on the Defiant. Shame, because he's at least actually in-game and usable.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I was gonna say Worf, but he wasn't on the Defiant. Shame, because he's at least actually in-game and usable.
He's also aligned himself with the Klingons, for some reason, and I'm doubtful he would be available to chat with a Lt. Commander in the SCE. Considering there is supposed to be some kind of War between the Federation and Klingons, even though it doesn't make sense. And Worf is now working with the people who are now trying to kill his former friends and the people he spent most of his life living with. Or rather he was, now a days he spends his time sitting on a bench in the First City on Qo'nos, looking rather sad and pathetic. He probably wishes he stayed as Federation Abasador to the Klingon Empire, he might have been able to avoid the mess we are in now. Instead of going back to the job he held when he was a mere Starfleet Lieutenant.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-10-2012, 10:25 PM
uh by 'old man' he could have just meant his own father. thats a common thing to say, at least around here.

Quote:
Because of actor likeness rights, it will definitely not be Erzi Dax.
no. it will definately not be someone that looks like ezri dax. wouldn't be the first time they had put somebody in the game and made them look different. but I doubt its her

and the name sounds andorian so why would a trill have a name like that at all

Quote:
Then why not simply mention O'Brien by name? He wouldn't appear in-game anyway because of likeness issues, so why the nebulous reference?
again, just someone looking like him wouldn't. worf does, mccoy does, scotty does.... not that I think its him but thats not a reason why he wouldn't

Quote:
What really has me guessing after reading this thread is why nobody pointed out we went from #20 to #22.... did the wormhole aliens makes #21 vanish like the 2800....?
thats the real reward at the end of the series....make it through and the prophets will show you the #21 they pulled out of time
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post
I'm sure not fetching him any bloody Jumja sticks if he is. I don't care how many alternate universes it will save.
Miles and Keiko sure must have loved Jumja sticks for their son to have such a craving for them, despite the fact that he was a baby when he was last there.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Of course it is Dax. Old Man = Dax. There is no need to speculate, if it was anybody else they wouldn't have used that reference.
It makes sense, there is no likeness issues if they introduce a new Dax.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
Of course it is Dax. Old Man = Dax. There is no need to speculate, if it was anybody else they wouldn't have used that reference.
It makes sense, there is no likeness issues if they introduce a new Dax.
Except that it doesn't make sense for anyone except for Ben Sisko to call Dax "Old Man"

And since the article is written in the style of a personal log by a Lt Commander in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. And Miles O'Brien is the Head of the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, and "Old Man" is a common Nickname for someone in the Military in charge of a ship or, an organization, so Old Man = O'Brien.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Very Well written and im getting super eager for the new FE. Release it now lol !

p.s To Whom composed that well written story very well done and i look forward to reading more of the story soon
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Dax, Odo and Sisko should all still be around,
Dax probably working for Starfleet, easy to contact.
Odo is with the founders, so probably no access to him.
Sisko is in the Wormhole with the Prophets (god how i wish we could get him out of there and back onto DS9!).

We know Worf is still around, i walk past that old dude every day hanging around the Great Hall (from which he was banned, now he hangs around right on the outside of it?! lol)

but Worf is out of reach for the Fed who wrote that log, so probably not him, BUT Worf might be the source of information on the KDF side.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-11-2012, 12:46 AM
"The Old Man" clearly refers to Admiral William Adama coming from another Mirror Universe ....
... but seriously .... doubt anyone from the show itself will be around ... more likely some offspring / next Host etc ...