Lt. Commander
# 1 MACO and Honor guard styles
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I fully expect to get massive flames and negative response to this thread but here it is.

I'm soo tired of farming for the Honor guard and MACO gear just to get the uniform style. I mean, in actuality I have no real interest in the gear itself since I hardly ever do STFs under normal circumstances. I would gladly pay to unlock these styles from the C-store. PLEASE consider giving us the option to unlock the styles from the C-store. I'm not requesting for the gear itself, just the style.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I've been debating that myself. I have a full set of Mk XI [Borg] weapons and the MACO Mk XI space set. I'm at most 30 runs away from having the MACO Mk XI ground set. I started doing Elite Space STFs this week. Despite the horror stories I heard about the drop rate I got the Mk XII deflector on my fifth run through of Khitomer Accord. I've also gotten one piece of prototype salvage.
I don't PvP. Let's say I did do Elites until I had a full set of Mk XIII [Borg] and the MACO Mk XII gear how long would that take? What would be the point?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
Despite the horror stories I heard about the drop rate I got the Mk XII deflector on my fifth run through of Khitomer Accord.
The horror stories come from those of us that have been attempting to complete Mk XII sets since the Elite STFs launched. Since then, they've underwent two drop rate increases. There are still those of us who get into headdesk mode since even after two increases we don't see them, myself for example.

Quote:
I've also gotten one piece of prototype salvage.
They used to drop like candy, not sure if they nerfed the prototype salvage drop rates.

Quote:
I don't PvP. Let's say I did do Elites until I had a full set of Mk XIII [Borg] and the MACO Mk XII gear how long would that take? What would be the point?
I have two ships in full Mk XII [Borg], one fed, one KDF, with four more prototype salvage in my bags, and one ship with three pieces of Mk XII [Borg] still on it since I'm field testing the Bortas on my KDF toon. That took me about a month overall to deck just the firepower. Now, for a full Mk XII ground set? Pray you win the tech lottery. Could be under 50 runs, could be 300+.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destraa View Post
I have two ships in full Mk XII [Borg], one fed, one KDF, with four more prototype salvage in my bags, and one ship with three pieces of Mk XII [Borg] still on it since I'm field testing the Bortas on my KDF toon. That took me about a month overall to deck just the firepower. Now, for a full Mk XII ground set? Pray you win the tech lottery. Could be under 50 runs, could be 300+.
This right here is what I'm afraid of. Like I said I have no actual use for the gear, all I want is the uniform style. Selling it in the C-store would enable people like me to get the style while generating revenue for the game and still allow players a way to get the gear in game if they don't want to pay for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I hear you there OP... I am tired of grinding STF's for the Space Sets... I am definitely never going to put in the effort for some Helmet... It is a nice thought but... It is just not worth my time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Realistically I will probably set the goal of a full MACO Mk XII set with all Mk XII [Borg] weapons. I enjoy space more than ground, so I don't see myself trying to get all of the ground set.
Are you doing fleet runs or PUGs? I'm not in a fleet. Some of the time STFs are a ton of fun. Other times you get stuck with to many cruisers or genuises that don't know how to heal ship injuries and are dead more often than they're in the fight.
I'm not in a fleet at the moment so about half the time doing an STF is less fun than a rectal exam. Which makes the grind- well a grind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:

They used to drop like candy, not sure if they nerfed the prototype salvage drop rates.
Rare tech drops much more often now, and as it seems to be on the same loottable as prototype salvage, the latter will drop less as a result of that increased droprate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks Spidey, wasn't sure mate. As for me? Spidey's one of the folks I run with. Puck Fugs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Thanks Spidey, wasn't sure mate. As for me? Spidey's one of the folks I run with. Puck Fugs.
LMAO. Puck Fugs, that's awesome. I may join a fleet and put that as my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
Realistically I will probably set the goal of a full MACO Mk XII set with all Mk XII [Borg] weapons. I enjoy space more than ground, so I don't see myself trying to get all of the ground set.
Are you doing fleet runs or PUGs? I'm not in a fleet. Some of the time STFs are a ton of fun. Other times you get stuck with to many cruisers or genuises that don't know how to heal ship injuries and are dead more often than they're in the fight.
I'm not in a fleet at the moment so about half the time doing an STF is less fun than a rectal exam. Which makes the grind- well a grind.
Fleet or not a grind is what it is. I run both with Night's Eye and with PUGs. PUGs are practically more fun just because I never know exactly what to expect. Even still, neither is particularly exciting after the first 25+ times doing the exact same stuff over and over and over...