Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Fleet or not a grind is what it is. I run both with Night's Eye and with PUGs. PUGs are practically more fun just because I never know exactly what to expect. Even still, neither is particularly exciting after the first 25+ times doing the exact same stuff over and over and over...
Exactly my point. Which for people like me makes no sense. I get wanting to make the best game gear a challenge to get but come on. Styles in this game have always been readily available as either free items or C-store unlocks. Why in the world should people have to grind for a set of gear if ALL they want out of it is a style? I mean really, after I do get the style I'll prob never want to do another STF EVER again because of the burn out I've got going.

I can guarantee you that IF those styles went up on sale in the C-store next Tuesday people would be shelling out the money. I would gladly pay 75 USD for a combo set that includes all the styles (MACO, Omega, Honor) & I'm positive I'm not alone. This could be a huge hit on the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
This could be a huge hit on the C-store.
But would also defeat the purpose of grinding beyond the Mk XI sets. So I don't necessarily see Cryptic/PWE making that move.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destraa View Post
But would also defeat the purpose of grinding beyond the Mk XI sets. So I don't necessarily see Cryptic/PWE making that move.
PWE will insist that all this eventually gets put into Lotto Boxes eventually. They have a long tradition of pawning off items it used to take a lot of hard work and dedication to get in a $1.00 random drop Box.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2012, 08:43 PM
you only unlock doing STF"s you can get other gear
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destraa View Post
How so? I'm not asking they put the gear up on the C-store. People who actually want the ground gear and stats it may provide can still grind for it. All I want is the set.

Unless your sayi9ng that MKXI and MKXII give the same exact bonuses and buffs. If they do, I haven't noticed because as I said I have no actual interest in the gear itself so I haven't bothered to look at it's stats.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
I fully expect to get massive flames and negative response to this thread but here it is.

I'm soo tired of farming for the Honor guard and MACO gear just to get the uniform style. I mean, in actuality I have no real interest in the gear itself since I hardly ever do STFs under normal circumstances. I would gladly pay to unlock these styles from the C-store. PLEASE consider giving us the option to unlock the styles from the C-store. I'm not requesting for the gear itself, just the style.
By that you're pretty much asking for the people that worked for the gear to be royally shafted. There's a Jem'hadar set coming in soon, collect that but leave the people that worked for it to their reward please.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Won't flame you for wanting an easy way to get gear...

But.. Are you nuts? Gear in the C-Store? You don't think it is bad enough already?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Won't flame you for wanting an easy way to get gear...

But.. Are you nuts? Gear in the C-Store? You don't think it is bad enough already?
I guess you missed the part where I said
Quote:
I'm not requesting for the gear itself, just the style.
Let me add however that I have 0 problems w/ the C-store, especially now that the game has gone F2P. Like it or not in a F2P game microtransactions are a MUST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
By that you're pretty much asking for the people that worked for the gear to be royally shafted. There's a Jem'hadar set coming in soon, collect that but leave the people that worked for it to their reward please.
How so? The people who work for the gear not only get the style, they also get the best gear currently in game. The C-store would only provide a style unlock.

I'm well aware there's a Jem'hadar set coming. Personally I couldn't care less because I am not interested in the style. This isn't about the gear or stats, it's about the style.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I think a compromise is in order. Like an armor costume pack. Not the exact look of the MACO armor, that should be reserved for people that actually have the armor. But, a look that's very similiar. Especially if it allowed you to customize existing armor. I've got Mark XI MACO armor now, but I before that I wore Pollyalloy weave armor. I'm an engineer so I got stuck wearing the gold color armor. I wanted it black, or red to match the command division.
Last year they were also talking about customizing kits, including costume unlocks. That would be cool too.
I think it would be fine to put something like that in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Droprate Increase
02-14-2012, 06:06 AM
Personally I feel as though they new drop rate has reverted to its pre-increase days. For a short while there more people 'seemed' to be getting the prototype tech drops in elite missions, but lately I haven't heard anyone getting them. I've done more then 200 of each ground mission on elite and have never had an armour or shield proto tech drop for me.

If you can't increase the drop rates directly perhaps you can give us a flat increase to that potential if we complete the optionals? Or a time based addition to crit for how fast we complete the entire mission?

The team that I play with completes virtually every optional, have all played as many missions as I have or more (some perhaps close to double), and none of them have an XII set.

EDIT: That said, under NO circumstances do I want it to become available through the C-Store. It's a little disheartening that there are almost no items left that are unique or hard to earn in this game.