Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah I did notice that. I thought it was odd as seeing the normal framerate settings on my recorder for most of my games came out fine. I'd have to fiddle around in Camstudio's record settings to get it to come out smoother.

Thanks for the tips

ps. not all of my officers have the makeup on. it's just only my captain and my liberated borg officer, Taylor Two-of-Five. I didn't want my Borg officer to look like a typical borg or look like a Seven of Nine rip off, so I wound up making her look like a tall eeire goth girl
T'ania might look like a vampress, but not a very convcing one as seeing she's shorter than most of her officers. LOL! come to think of it, their style might had been influnced by the fact that I'm something of a Geek Goth. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Hehehe... How did I get the feeling you liked such fashion

The officers and captain are really lovely. Oh don't worry about her height, I'm sure anyone who tries to pick on her smaller stature will pay most dearly ;3
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Bump, am surprised not many people are interested; STO gameplay is quite memorable.

Here's my video log of sorts of the new Jem'Hadar mission. And yes I wanted the UI displayed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6S2i3slNY
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
that ep looks nice, although I have to yet to play it. nice recording work.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM

I'd like to work on something like yours with bridge scenes that definitely scream "Star Trek TV episode", but my greater priority was to record the combat maneuvers (especially for the ships) for our future reference.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2012, 08:24 PM
If you ever do something like that, then I recommed using a video editor like Sony Vegas, which I use for speical effects and sublities.

I visited my own bridge and then recorded myself sitting in the chair and the like. then on Vegas I used the Earthquake effect on it to simluate the bridge shaking. I also put in a red tint thing for the red alert.

looking for a better recorder than Camistudo now because lately it's been acting up on me and refusing to record scenes properly. I actually tried recording the same scenes you did when I did the new eps online.... but the footage was lost! really made me a sad panda been trying out the Demo thing but still not used to it. it just feels too werid to me, you know what I mean? and I really hate the fact that I basically have to type in commands for it to start and stop... what if I have a brain fart and forget the commands entirely? I wish they would add in a record button in there somewhere like they do in other MMOs that allows for recording.

what do you use for recording again?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
This is fraps (the payware version) which can capture high framerate so long as:-

1. you have a multi-core CPU (I think everyone does now)
2. you save the video stream to a separate hard drive (which I found is quite important if you want to play and record at the same time without drastic loss of speed).

I don't have the $$ to get Sony Vegas or Premiere so I am sticking to WIndows movie maker. It's good enough for basic snipping and videos can be churned out fast, that's why I like it.

I have tried out demo mode and I think it's worth learning because it's only two commands you need to type. You can even edit the keybind file to map it start and stop recording commands to a set of keys if you like.

The important thing about demos is that they get rid of the UI easily and there is an option (F2 key) to unlock the camera angle. That means nifty slow flyby shots like Star Wars Ep. 4 are possible.

ps.

Recording myself in my chair is what I do in my office when I have nothing to do. Lol.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Not really a fan of the current windows movie player. I used to use it a lot when it allowed for mods and plugins made by fans, but now that it's upgraded it doesn't even allow those plugins anymore.

A shame though, those movie maker guys had some really useful plugins that added flexiable effects and such. If the upgraded version had allowed for those plugins or mods, then I might had never brought sony vegas while it was on sale. But then again, Sony vegas tends to be much higher in quality with their videos and has more flexibility than window movie maker. for one thing it's like photoshop in that it allows for layers. so you can layer movies over each other to make new effects. so maybe it was a good thing.

I also wanted to ask you something. have you ever used the foundry? because I heard that some people used it to create their own custom scenes and I wondered how useful it might be. But I have to save up to 10k diliuthum to buy a foundry slot. so I have to wonder if it would be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2012, 10:18 PM
No I have not used the Foundry, firstly because it is restricted-access (do we need to be a Gold subscriber or something? or just 10k Dil?) and I don't really have the time or coding expertise to make a commercial grade published mission.

I might however contribute technical or idea-generating expertise in a team if say, you, would go in and go where no AuroraMoon has gone before :3
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2012, 10:39 PM
it didn't say anything about being a gold member when I tried to access it, just told me that I needed 10k dil to make a foundry slot. at any rate I wouldn't mind trying it out if save up enough Dil to see if I can use it to act out scenes that I wanted for my videos, if that's possible. from what I hear it's almost simlar to poser pro, only more complex.

Right now I have like 2k Dil. I'm currently having my crewmen do ****loads of missions to get at those dil, and also doing the exploration thing snice it also earns you Dilitium.