Lt. Commander
Is it just me or are there no options to create Starfleet Academy cadet uniforms from scatch in the Costumes section?

I'd like to create three custom characters as main focal points for a mission and the pre-made cadet costumes/people just aren't right.

Anyone know? I'm hoping that I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Clothing is probably the most crippled part of the Foundry right now.* We need SFA uniforms, Bajoran Militia, Cardassians, Romulans, and a whole bunch more for our Contacts and other non-hostile NPCs.

(Mind you, I'm glad we have the Foundry at all. It just needs some serious expansion, and this is the number one area.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
I think you get access to those costumes after you buy them in the C-Store. I haven't tried it with all of them but I know that Formal clothes became available to me in the Foundry after I bought them for my regular character.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaLovelace
I think you get access to those costumes after you buy them in the C-Store. I haven't tried it with all of them but I know that Formal clothes became available to me in the Foundry after I bought them for my regular character.
That would make sense and I don't find it unfair for "extra" clothing of the playable races.

Regarding the other races - my guess is, that custom costume options are only available for playable races at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Costumes in the Foundry aren't linked to purchases on your normal character. They're just part of the assets in the Foundry. I have the formal clothes option too and I don't own that on any of my real characters.

It really wouldn't make sense for them to charge for costumes in the Foundry since we're basically helping the game by making missions for people to play.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgreenwade View Post
Clothing is probably the most crippled part of the Foundry right now.* We need SFA uniforms, Bajoran Militia, Cardassians, Romulans, and a whole bunch more for our Contacts and other non-hostile NPCs.

(Mind you, I'm glad we have the Foundry at all. It just needs some serious expansion, and this is the number one area.)
I haven't gotten around to making any of those (yet), but you are absolutely right. It woud be nice if the people costume options updated as nicely as the ship costume options do. I mean heck, the Type 10 'Chaffee' shuttlecraft was on the list before they released it as part of the DS9 pack. Gotta love that!

Oh, and just for the record, I CAN use the Formal wear costumes in the Foundry, but DON'T own the pack. So costumes have no restrictions tied to account purchases - - as it should be. See the post above as to why.