Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't buy Cryptic Points
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Can't buy c-points. Went to site, transaction not allowed. Tried link through in game store, same result. Don't tell me to file a support ticket either through game or site. Site drop down menus are broken and in game support has me on hold for 12 hours now. I can get all the way to checkout, then it tells me transaction not allowed. Says I need to login but when you click link to login on checkout window, URL doesn't work. Had to manually cut and paste URL just to get to the site to attempt to buy points because that link is broken also. I'm using the same CC I use to pay my subscriptions. Moneybrokers won't check me out and let me finish the transaction. And no I'm not sorry for a wall of text, if I wasn't so fed up with the incompetance of the site coders, I would put a lot more in here. Any help appreciated. I'm going to have to point the finger at Moneybrokers for the time being, everything works up to the point where they take over the transaction.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Same thing happen to me since last patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Last night i have bought C-points with no trouble by paypal. If you are buying by paypal you need credit card....
But as you described you can have internet problems
try Start >> write: cmd >> in black box write: ping startrekonline.com
any lost packets?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I tried to buy cryptic points today, TWICE. And both times the transaction was rejected and my paypal account was credited. This is the message I received

" Regarding the transaction in question, we did some research and found that the location of the funding source was different than that of where the game was being played. As such, the transaction was declined."

I placed the order from THE SAME COMPUTER that I play the game on.

And no one will answer the phone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman1301
I tried to buy cryptic points today, TWICE. And both times the transaction was rejected and my paypal account was credited. This is the message I received

" Regarding the transaction in question, we did some research and found that the location of the funding source was different than that of where the game was being played. As such, the transaction was declined."

I placed the order from THE SAME COMPUTER that I play the game on.

And no one will answer the phone.
Yes its a new security thing i think, its happen to me, my card isn't allowed by the cryptic system, so a friend of me provide his card but he isn't in the same state has i am...

With this new security thing, i cannot pay my sub, nor i can buy cryptic point....its always declined.

You'll have to fix this, or offer more choice for payment method, especially paypal without enter a credit card and bancontact/mistercash ( it a belgium method of direct payment) or other method you want....

Cryptic have to do something for those who dont have credit cards but have money to spend on !
Sometimes i think cryptic dont want our money...lol