Lt. Commander
While looking at the bio of the person in front of me in Klingon sapce, VC Dave Sea of the USS Armenia, I noticed only three of the corners around a person's avatar pic are used. One for their class, Engineer, diplomatic rank, Envoy, and level/rank, VC(50). So I was thinking the bottom right could be used for multiple star fleer or klingon insignia signifying what level of the story was completed.

1 - Klingon/Federation War
2 - FekIrli Return/Cardassia
3 - Romulan Mystery
4 - Breen Invasion
5 - Undine Advance/Borg attack
5 bronzed color - Complete one set of STFs such as Borg events
5 silver/chromed - Complete two sets - Borg and Breen
5 Golden - completed all STFs * Red alerts in every sector

In addition to the above profile pic item, you unlock some sort of cannon appropriate glistening effect for your character and your ship that you can turn on and off, similar to the phased cloak of the Oberth from STNG and Kira as a god/profet from DS9.

What do you guys think?

I am a player that thinks leveling is too slow so I would rather they not switch to forcing you to level to 50 by playing every story mission(and thereby reduce XP gain again), so for me this would be a fair compromise.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
I think that since story completion is optional to progression, there should be incentive to complete the story at the cap.

Personally, though, I think it should be a replay reward for doing every mission at VA level and it shouldn't be a sparkle effect but maybe some kind of tangible boost. And whenever they raise they level cap, introduce a new reward for replaying every mission at the cap.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Personally
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
I have done those storylines many times, so now I don't do them anymore once I get a character to maximum rank. Since you get more xp for doing them the first time my plan is to do them once the level cap is raised, since all my characters are currently at the max rank. That said, it seems like a good idea to me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I have done those storylines many times, so now I don't do them anymore once I get a character to maximum rank. Since you get more xp for doing them the first time my plan is to do them once the level cap is raised, since all my characters are currently at the max rank. That said, it seems like a good idea to me.
I said elsewhere but I think a major replay incentive would be to add very short DOff assignments to each mission map, maybe 5 or so. Have big rewards for achieving a crit success on all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I said elsewhere but I think a major replay incentive would be to add very short DOff assignments to each mission map, maybe 5 or so. Have big rewards for achieving a crit success on all of them.
Not a bad incentive for doing replays.

Make it so Cryptic!

But I still think that the last area of the profile picture is going tragically unused.