Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
Link please, if you don't mind...
The Grand Nagus linked it, yesterday. The post was responded to by Tumerboy.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...66#post4009466
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure what the problem is for you guys. It works for me and the messages have completely stopped. Double check your steps just to be sure. Other than that, I don't know why it wouldn't for you guys but it works for me. I tried.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't get the announcements in my chat window anymore, but I do still get popups in my face every fething time someone gets a Galor...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2012, 05:56 AM
they really ruined the gameplay with this whole galor spam thing....i mean ppl dont whant there name on everybody's screens plus its annoying if your in the middle of the story and all of the sudden this message pops up

kinda starting to lose the hope that they will ever get rid of it
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2012, 08:14 AM
You could always set your in game privacy settings to only accept PM's from people in your fleet or friends list. Really cuts down on the random PM's and random PvP challenges from LT's wanting to fight a VA for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
I would consider their name not to be their account tbh, plus I wouldn't say it's being put on public display either. It's basically sto players seeing it, and we do that already in chat. Clutching at straws I'm afraid.
If I go anonymous and chat in a public channel, outting myself, that mistake is on my. Announcing to every player on the game server, that I'm online and playing at the moment is an entirely different matter. In that case Cryptic is overriding player's privacy settings. It's Cryptic being a total hypocrite in regards to thei talk about protecting people privacy.

An to the OP, that will not work. [GameAccounce] will still popup in the Notifications area regardless of [System] chat settings. The Galor annoucements popup text in the Notifications area on the screen is what other and I an REALLY, REALLY annoyed with. (My feeling about it are much stronger, but to speak what I really feel about it would definitely get my banned a few days.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I've already read a post of someone who won a Galor had to log off. He got so many tells he couldn't respond to them.

Peoples handles are displayed game wide. If they chose to chat their handles are only displayed in the chat box and in the channel they are in. It's not announced to the whole game, in the center of the screen.

This is interfering with people privacy while gaming in STO. It's causing some of them to get lots of spam after winning.

Can someone send you a tell by your handle? Like if you log off one character the can just send you a tell to @handle like you can with the mail?
Other than Brandon asking if I actually got one...,

Folks hardly blinked each time my name flashed.

I think I got a total of four PM's with the third, not counting Brandons.

(they were all Congratz, with one also asking if I'd trade for it)