# 51
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I have the same issue! whats goin on!?
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovrkyl
Same same. Logged on to website, getting "unable to authenticate" from launcher. I only have a limited time to play today, I WANNA PLAY! <throws temper tantrum>
Ok, there we go. Finally got a response on the launcher, patched, logged in, and am now looking at my character, but it was moving VERY SLOWLY. Probably a population spike considering it's mid-day Saturday.

After all, who DOESN'T want to play STO!?
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Was having this problem, closed the game and reset my password using the 'forgot my password' option on the website login page and now i'm back on.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Mine just started....

Mine now says:

Subscriptions
ACTIVE
Subscribed For: 751.11 days
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehuty65
Was having this problem, closed the game and reset my password using the 'forgot my password' option on the website login page and now i'm back on.
Back on here too, without having to change my password. Thanks devs!
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Good thing I'm silver. I can't imagine how angry the Gold members must be...

....all I know is cryptic better not add a bonus reward that comes from finishing the featured series during its spotlight....cuz if I can't get in to get my loot....there's gonna be a good number of people in sickbay over the next few weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
The premiere of a brand new feature episode is always popular, for obvious reasons. There are a great many players trying to get into the game at the same time. You should expect login queues and server outages in the hours following the debut of a feature episode.
I think, in particular, this FE premiere is more popular than the others since we hadn't had one in quite a while. hehe
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-11-2012, 12:31 PM
It's been said a few times but it needs to keep being said until the Dev's get it! It's new content that will keep the players coming back and playing longer. A person playing is likely to buy ships, etc over getting a whole bunch of craptacular boxes that you have to pay to open. If you really want to make money, keep the new content (not grindy rubbish like the Defera Invasion and Borg Red Alerts) coming!
Lt. Commander
Apparently, STO has nothing good to give. After trying awhile back to download it again when it went F2P, mulling returning to STO to see if the old kinks were finally worked out, the damn servers were SLOOOOW. So I gave up.

I decided to try again, to see if that issue was worked out. It wasn't. But Thankfully, I was able to obtain the download through another site that utilized my uber-fast internet speed.

Then I run into the Unable to Authenticate issue. After 4 attempts, I finally got past that. OOPS, gotta patch.

Are you people stupid or what? I just downloaded the game but it wasn't the latest version? How smart is that?

Next, after all that, I finally go to start the game, BUT WAIT, it says I'm like number 800-something out of 800-something people.

C'mon.

Let me explain something: Today is SATURDAY.

Many of us work during the weekdays and on SATURDAY want to relax, play games, and have a beer.
I got the time to relax. I got the time to play. I got the game. I got my beer. But I cannot play.

Telling me "unable to authenticate" (in which the rumor I hear is it's possibly due to downtime for maintenance which if true is TRULY FRIGGIN STUPID to do on a weekend) and also telling me I have to wait in a queue behind 800 other people is the exact same thing as saying:"GO PLAY ANOTHER MMO CUZ WE'RE TOO STUPID."

Whatever the case it is not acceptable.

What is the server capacity? How many people can be on? 1000? 5000? If that is all the players you can make room for, then don't waste your time promoting the game to obtain new players. What a fraud for people go have to run into this, and I feel bad for new players who probably are saying "wow this game looks like it might be cool" and then going "WTF?" at all of these issues (i.e. "Server Queue? WTF?!").

Maybe if you idiots knew how much money you are missing out on by allowing these issues to stand between yourselves and the MOOLA, you would get your $#$%@#$ in order.

Feels to me like STO is going to keel over and die. How much money was put into advertising the F2P. Simply put, if the whole point of an MMO going F2P was to get more people, to make more money, then its an epic fail if new people cannot get into the game because of the walls put up. And worse, who would want to pay anything if the service is this crappy?

At this point, I seriously feel I'm more likely to hear of STO shutting down before I hear that they fixed the issues.
Ensign
# 60
07-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Just got an unable to authenticate message after getting punted off the server (SERVER NOT RESPONDING message). I'm a paid subscriber so I know my subscription is still valid

Any reason why?

Thanks
Hi I cant log into the server login page it says: unable to authenticate:
anyone know why?