Lt. Commander
# 1 New Feature Episode Epic Fail
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Well I have waited for about a year and all Cryptic can bring us is a bugged mission and shocking voice overs.

Yet again thanks to Cryptic I have wasted my evening. Playing as part of team but I was unable to leave the conferance room and was stuck there.....had to drop mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerdean View Post
Well I have waited for about a year and all Cryptic can bring us is a bugged mission and shocking voice overs.

Yet again thanks to Cryptic I have wasted my evening. Playing as part of team but I was unable to leave the conferance room and was stuck there.....had to drop mission.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I haven't experienced one single bug yet though personally.

I also like the voice overs, don't see anything wrong there, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I had great fun with this mission. Can't wait until next week.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Don't know, but I find that it was a good start with a few little flaws.

I don't think that the VOs were shocking or bad. The only weird thing with the VOs was the Gorn Ambassador, he has an echo attached which I find a bit annoying since it overlaps his words.
Ok, Captain Kurland was a bit too eagerly voiced, but hey, who would not go crazy if he had to listen to all those whiny bajorans all these years...

I give this Mission 8 / 10 points and hope the upcoming episodes will be not be Colliseum like.
I enjoyed it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I think it's a good mission, with some halfway decent writing. I found the Jem Hadar ships stuck on the station to be pita but whatever. I guess my problem with the episode is that it's the first new mission from Cryptic in 11 months. I was hoping for more, and that's not really their fault so much as it is mine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
I've run through it twice now (one Fed and one KDF) and found no issues other than HypnoToad taking over the DS9 PA system. After moving to my speakers, I had no other issue.

I did, however, fail two of the "convince X to join the task force" as a KDF because I told them to kiss my...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
i thought it was a great mission. the VO is ok and the bugs were minor. i did hear teaming caused some issues.

sorry you had a bad experience.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I haven't experienced one single bug yet though personally.

I also like the voice overs, don't see anything wrong there, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
I had great fun with this mission. Can't wait until next week.
I agree, I thought it was great. Probably one of the better FEs so far.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I was in team. Person got stuck. Carried on without them. Finished mission. Did not complete so had to do again. Looks like their is a problem teaming.

Also on some bits voice and options only appeared to one team member.

So bugs a plenty.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I liked it too, especially the idea behind it with the '2800'. Even better after watching the DS9 episode as suggested.

DS9 Sacrifice of Angels

Not too many bugs, and saw more people struggling with getting seated tbh, however I only played once. I will take another turn with my KDF Orion later though.