Lt. Commander
# 41
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Don't know, but I find that it was a good start with a few little flaws.

I don't think that the VOs were shocking or bad. The only weird thing with the VOs was the Gorn Ambassador, he has an echo attached which I find a bit annoying since it overlaps his words.
Ok, Captain Kurland was a bit too eagerly voiced, but hey, who would not go crazy if he had to listen to all those whiny bajorans all these years...

I give this Mission 8 / 10 points and hope the upcoming episodes will be not be Colliseum like.
I enjoyed it.
That's the way the Gorn sound when they talk. Go back and watch the TOS episode that had a Gorn in it. The one where Kirk got all McGuyver and killed the Gorn with a Bazooka he made from stuff laying around. I thought it was a nice touch. Also that episode of Enterprise that took place in the Mirror Universe had a Gorn in it as well.

That's just the way they sound, I guess because the universal translator doesn't filter it out all the way.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I thought it was enjoyable and am looking forward to the rest of it!

But god damn I'm sick of cardassian lockboxes and those frickin alerts
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-11-2012, 06:15 PM
It was slow at the start, but really picked up for me, and I was happy with it by the end.

Didn't encounter any real bugs though.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I think because DS9 was already ingame, there was not as much "wow" factor as before with the environments, where we had the Deferi homeworld, the Romulan space station, and to a lesser extent the Cardassian ship interior in prior feature episodes. I still think DS9 is half finished, missing some areas like the habitat ring, the infirmary, and security, and the feature episode premiere should have opened those areas up. At least, next week, we should finally see Bajor in person.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Of course the people who only have doom and gloom in their tones are quick to forget the issues with "Clocked Intentions" release. There were server issues too.

Sooo.... we must take into account all the subs; lifers and NEW to the formula F2P people.

Really now.... ANY MAN MADE object, program, system is bound to have bugs going from an controlled enviroment to an uncontrolled. You can only fix so mush in a controlled enviroment.

I will have to say this espisode did go alot smother than "Cloaked Intentions" when the servers back then were down from 1-3 hours.

Sooooo... my grade is a C- for improvment. "A" PLUS for the story.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Liked it too, best FE Start so far ...

Bonus Points for :
- Scottish VO
- Gorn VO
- use of Doff-System
- 10k GPL tax for people not able to read

only thing that was off ... since when do Tellarites apologize ??? ....
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Have to agree with the originator of this thread.

Our fleet had been looking forward to this for some time. We spent lots of time and dare I say it, money getting ready for this, only to find that team play is totally broken. Four of us played the mission and only one could complete it. In essence we wasted an evening on a broken multi-player mission.

What is it about "multi-player" that Cryptic does not seem to understand? The whole premise of multi-player is to be able to be online with your "squad" mates and have fun accomplishing tasks. It is not to play alone with 25000 other people who just happen to play the same game.

Cryptic owes us an apology for this travesty, and moreover should make it right with us in a compensatory way.

This isn't about being angry, it's about being disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Didn't do much for me, a let down really was hoping for a more action and WELL put together cut scenes.

10 minutes of running around and 5 minutes of action
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Edited: didn't like how I was saying my thoughts. ignore please
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig_EL View Post
Have to agree with the originator of this thread.

Our fleet had been looking forward to this for some time. We spent lots of time and dare I say it, money getting ready for this, only to find that team play is totally broken. Four of us played the mission and only one could complete it. In essence we wasted an evening on a broken multi-player mission.

What is it about "multi-player" that Cryptic does not seem to understand? The whole premise of multi-player is to be able to be online with your "squad" mates and have fun accomplishing tasks. It is not to play alone with 25000 other people who just happen to play the same game.

Cryptic owes us an apology for this travesty, and moreover should make it right with us in a compensatory way.

This isn't about being angry, it's about being disappointed.
And as a counter point to this particular tale, my team managed to complete it with no hitch at all.

I guess it's just based on luck.