Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm sure this all has been brought up before, but BranFlakes says they read literally every thread, so I thought I'd bring it up anyway and hopefully get enough people to co-sign so it gets fixed.

1. I don't know what's going on with my fighters. I can't tell my fighters apart from other carrier's fighters, and in extremely hectic situations, I can't tell my fighters apart from mines, drones, slow torpedos, etc. These problems can easily be solved by changing player's owned hangar object names to be a different color from everything else.

2. I don't know what the status of my fighter's hull and shield strengths are. This can be solved by implementing a kind of "team" HUD thing similar to the one that exists for teams in space, but just for your fighter groups.

3. To'Duj fighters have trouble following orders. Sometimes they ignore a recall order, sometimes a few (or a lot) hover around my butt no matter what orders I give.

4. Bird-of-Prey orders are broken.

5. Fighters stupidly hang around exploding ships waiting to be vaporized. Maybe make the AI hightail it out of there? If you want to keep the skill ceiling slightly higher for the sake of PvP, just fix recall orders (this is what I TRY to use it for).

*edit*

6. I forgot about the Vo'Quv being reduced to a skeleton crew after every minor scrape and then taking four hours to recover. What's the deal with this?


What all this amounts to is me lacking the certainty that my fighters are: alive, secure from imminent danger, and attacking the target of my choosing. To do this now, I have to keep launching new fighter groups all the time which is boring and simplistic gameplay. I think everyone agrees that carefully managing our existing fighter group's attacks and keeping them from safety using the commands available to us would feel a lot more fun, deep and tactical.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
6. I forgot about the Vo'Quv being reduced to a skeleton crew after every minor scrape and then taking four hours to recover. What's the deal with this?.
That's pretty much any ship everywhere, bleed thru damage kills them faster then you heal them up, even if your shields never drop, especially if your a tank and of course they benefit most from full crew. Then just being tapped by a ship explosion pretty much sends most of your ship to sick bay.. Thats not even throwing in the spike damage that knocks you to half health and wipes a crew out even if 3 seconds later you fix your hull and shields back to full.

So yeah... they pretty much just work from sickbay no matter the ship, they REALLY need to up the recovery rate by default a bit and just plain nerf ship explosion damage to crews. Hell adding some '+x% crew recovered' effect to some abilities would be nice, maybe science team?


Also totally agree on all the points said. I'll give one more:

7) More detailed info on just what each fighter does exactly. What's its health, shields, weapons, recharge time, any abilities it has, etc

Had to spend all my money just buying one of each fighter type and use mirror event to test them out. Still not sure what a few even do and some I THINK are good but can't really tell due to the other issues posted above. Example, I'm PRETTY sure the shield drones helped my survival alot but trying to look at tiny tiny grey text in a middle of a fight while also ya know fighting, isn't exactly easy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-12-2012, 08:13 AM
The sickbay thing is especially worse with the Vo'Quv though. Take two identical situations and put me through it twice, once with a Vo'Quv and again with a Hegh'Ta, and the Vo'Quv will be down to 300 crew out of 4,000, and the Hegh'Ta will have 80 out of 100. It's bizarre.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-12-2012, 08:55 AM
I want to voice my support for fixing carriers! It is a good day for bugs to die!
Something else that I think would be a fun option for carriers would be a command that orders your summoned ships to ram the target. however i'd be happy if just the existing bugs were fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Have trouble with my carrier, too.

The fighters do not listen to commands and sometimes go havoc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryko_Nailo View Post
More detailed info on just what each fighter does exactly. What's its health, shields, weapons, recharge time, any abilities it has, etc.
Have you ever right-clicked and read the info about any of your strike craft? I felt that provided a pretty good idea about what they did and the abilities they possessed, but perhaps that's not quite what you meant.




Recalling craft seems to do nothing but stick any wings currently out on your ship's aft forever. You can tell them to do something else, but they won't. So, I'd rather just re-launch a wing of fighters that dies from an explosion than worry about managing them. It'd be great if recall was fixed.

And, yeah, fighters and siphon drones love to take explosions to the face. I thought only scarabs were suicidal.


An indication of the status of strike craft would indeed be cool, but I'm willing to settle for just a counter of how many are out there / alive.

Since allies and teammates are all the same color, I suspect we won't get any kind of visual mark to denote ally fighters vs. ours, but that could be nice, as well. However, if my hangar icons had a counter on them for launched craft that'd satisfy me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I agree with all of the above... what good is 4000 crew when only 300 can stay on their feet at a little bump?


heh let me guess.. the 300 on the Vo'Quv are the spartans?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Also I've made the following extremely frustrating and embarrassing observations:

To'Duj fighters will not attack Nanite Generators or Gateways. They fly up next to it and sit there, doing nothing.



Now that the newness of using a carrier has worn off, it doesn't seem very good, 90% because of bugs and interface issues. I feel like a waste of a slot in STFs. Take 10x as long as a Bird of Prey (twice or 3x as long as a battle cruiser) to kill Borg Raptors...but at least I'm looking cool while doing it :-/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
I'm sure this all has been brought up before, but BranFlakes says they read literally every thread, so I thought I'd bring it up anyway and hopefully get enough people to co-sign so it gets fixed.

1. I don't know what's going on with my fighters. I can't tell my fighters apart from other carrier's fighters, and in extremely hectic situations, I can't tell my fighters apart from mines, drones, slow torpedos, etc. These problems can easily be solved by changing player's owned hangar object names to be a different color from everything else.

2. I don't know what the status of my fighter's hull and shield strengths are. This can be solved by implementing a kind of "team" HUD thing similar to the one that exists for teams in space, but just for your fighter groups.

3. To'Duj fighters have trouble following orders. Sometimes they ignore a recall order, sometimes a few (or a lot) hover around my butt no matter what orders I give.

4. Bird-of-Prey orders are broken.

5. Fighters stupidly hang around exploding ships waiting to be vaporized. Maybe make the AI hightail it out of there? If you want to keep the skill ceiling slightly higher for the sake of PvP, just fix recall orders (this is what I TRY to use it for).

*edit*

6. I forgot about the Vo'Quv being reduced to a skeleton crew after every minor scrape and then taking four hours to recover. What's the deal with this?


What all this amounts to is me lacking the certainty that my fighters are: alive, secure from imminent danger, and attacking the target of my choosing. To do this now, I have to keep launching new fighter groups all the time which is boring and simplistic gameplay. I think everyone agrees that carefully managing our existing fighter group's attacks and keeping them from safety using the commands available to us would feel a lot more fun, deep and tactical.
Your 100% correct about all the little things that take away from the enjoyment of Captaining the Vo’Quv.

The thing that bothers me a bit more about the Vo’Quv’ s short coming’s is that the Kar’Fi does not suffer from the same problems (to an extent)

The Vo’Quv Duja Fighters seldom follow any commands the BOP are downright useless at times (well they were when I was still trying to use them a month back)

During the first few weeks of testing season 5 on tribble the Vo’Quv seemed darn near perfect, the fighters and BOP work great.

The BOP did seem quite underpowered but they followed commands and use all of their available attacks.

Has the Tribble test build started getting updated it seemed that the Vo’Quv and its Deployable craft got progressively worse with each update.

The fighters and BOP stopped attacking stationary targets but the Kar’Fi deployable craft also had this problem. (The Orion Slavers and Interceptor still worked 100%)

When the build was pushed to Holo the Vo’Quv’s fighters and BOP were busted and hardly worked at all despite all the bug reports that were summited about them not working on tribble.

I ended up dropping the BOP and Duja and going solely with the Kar’Fi’s S’Kul fighters for my Vo’Quv (You could pick up the S’kul fighters off the exchange before they were change to bind on pickup)

We were told by the forum rep that a fix for most of the Carriers problems was in the works months ago; however, I got tired of waiting for the fix and have been on a break from STO for over a month now and it seems that they still have not fix any of the Carriers problems.

I plan on logging in this weekend to check out episodes 1 and 2 of the new FS and I hope to find the Carrier working better than it was when I left.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I plan on logging in this weekend to check out episodes 1 and 2 of the new FS and I hope to find the Carrier working better than it was when I left.
then you will become disappointed, except they fix it with the update for the second episode, which i tend to not believe, cause it seems a bigger issue.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.