Lt. Commander
The one thing I've really been looking forward to has been this FE series, through all the bad, I had this to just go "Hey, it might get better."

The cutscenes at best were mediocre and the entire mission felt stale and boring.
It was further ruined by the terrible announcements every couple minutes about who opened up a gorram Cardassian Galor.
And there is no mystery what the rewards are.

The only part i liked was that the DOFF integration was well done. So kudos to that i guess

Overall, I really hope the other ones step it up, because this mission pales in comparison to the other FE's and some of the regular mission fare.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
yeah it felt so - so mission, fighting the borg daily mission is more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
i just want rid of that whoever has won the Galor crap. i logged on for the first time in a week and it comes up every minute at least. i mean it really does ruin the immersion factor. i was there enjoying a nice little conference when the dominion came through and then was told that someone had won a Galor. i dont bloody care i am more concerned about what ensign redshirt had for dinner.
Also just a little not has anyone else noticed that there support teams that you can call down on ground missions die really really easily could use a look at really
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Agreed. I guess we can hold out the faintest of hopes that they will at least *aspire* to recapture *some* of the greatness which was the Rommie series.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 07:11 PM
i had no problem with the episode i mean i think they missed out on a great battle on DS9 i would love to have seen the MACO team and D'Vak and others on there kicking dominion butt and fighting there way out with you more feds were needed i think for it to be good everyone from the ship rec place and so on just have them all follow you to the airlock that would have topped things off for me
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I have to say I did actually enjoy the mission. It was a pretty standard affair granted but I really did have fun with it.
Not sure if it was because I hadn't seen a new mission in so long though but am looking forward to seeing the story unfold and finally having access to space suits. I'm guessing the Ketracel White drops means we're getting a Jem Hadar Boff at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I kind of feel sorry for the devs, due to this PW spam thing, if that's the culprit. Can you imagine being on the art team, and just watching players:

"oh, wow... that's a cool..." "ugh spam." Hmm.... that's neat... spam!

It really is immersion breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I'll be honest, I am more impressed by most of the Foundry Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I have to agree thsat this new episode lacked some of the sarkle of previous ones. I have no idea what that guy did to Karen in the operations deck but it seemed a mighty suspect way to kill someone... and his comedy walk ...

The whole thing was a bit messy and seemed incomplete. Lack of clarity about when and where to do optionals. Messy combat, which was not especially interesting. And the whole scam of the lockboxes just apalls me.

There were some good things though, the expansion of the duty officers, and tehre inclusion in the storyline was nice. Good use of side-quests and optional if they worked reliably.

It was also a good story.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The one thing I've really been looking forward to has been this FE series, through all the bad, I had this to just go "Hey, it might get better."

The cutscenes at best were mediocre and the entire mission felt stale and boring.
It was further ruined by the terrible announcements every couple minutes about who opened up a gorram Cardassian Galor.
And there is no mystery what the rewards are.

The only part i liked was that the DOFF integration was well done. So kudos to that i guess

Overall, I really hope the other ones step it up, because this mission pales in comparison to the other FE's and some of the regular mission fare.
Agree 100%, it doesn't feel like the level of quality of the other FE's.

So far, "Second Wave" doesn't compare to "Skirmish" or "Cold Call" or "The Vault"

This is not the best first episode of an FE we've had