Lt. Commander
# 1 Purchasing C-Points
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I cant really find anything about this on the search, only thing I could find contradicts what I have been doing since I obtained this game last friday.

Ive been using my steam wallet finally getting rid of the money sitting idle in my wallet from years ago and even used it this morning. I recently got home and went to go buy more master keys and found out that no longer clicking on the "buy Cryptic Credits" brings up a steam wallet transfer but now it minimizes the game and brings up the web browser to some website I've never seen till now.

I am just wondering has steam wallet compability been changed since this morning or what?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I noticed that too, so i asked cryptic about it and they blamed steam saying idk
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I cant really find anything about this on the search, only thing I could find contradicts what I have been doing since I obtained this game last friday.

Ive been using my steam wallet finally getting rid of the money sitting idle in my wallet from years ago and even used it this morning. I recently got home and went to go buy more master keys and found out that no longer clicking on the "buy Cryptic Credits" brings up a steam wallet transfer but now it minimizes the game and brings up the web browser to some website I've never seen till now.

I am just wondering has steam wallet compability been changed since this morning or what?
Hmm. I've always played via steam, but I've never used my steam wallet for it. The game was recently removed from steam and re-added to the Free list, so maybe that has affected it.

Are you clicking the button from in-game, the launcher, or steam itself?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifledude2
I noticed that too, so i asked cryptic about it and they blamed steam saying idk
They blamed steam? Really? How low is that when steam has way better service than I have seen else where.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
Hmm. I've always played via steam, but I've never used my steam wallet for it. The game was recently removed from steam and re-added to the Free list, so maybe that has affected it.

Are you clicking the button from in-game, the launcher, or steam itself?
Im clicking the button from in game. I dont think I tried the launcher but I know that I got the game after it was relisted as f2p. I might log out of the game and try using the launcher I think I might have got the c-points through my steam wallet there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
They blamed steam? Really? How low is that when steam has way better service than I have seen else where.
I asked if they had removed the option to use the steam wallet, and they werent aware of it and i should contact steam support. Buying c-points with steam worked fine a day or two ago.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifledude2
I asked if they had removed the option to use the steam wallet, and they werent aware of it and i should contact steam support. Buying c-points with steam worked fine a day or two ago.
Yep it worked fine this morning also. I just logged out and relogged in and none of it works it just directs me to the website for creating another wallet which I hate to do considering I got $13.79 in my steam wallet right now down from the $40 I had in it for the past few years.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Well considering the person i had asked didnt know, i assume the latest patch messed it up or something and itll be fixed. Doesnt make sense removing that option intentionally
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Steam had an outage earlier today that caused us to disable payment via steam wallet. It should be re-enabled soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Steam had an outage earlier today that caused us to disable payment via steam wallet. It should be re-enabled soon.
Good to know that it wasnt removed on purpose and that it will be back soon.
Closed Thread