Lt. Commander
Is it the Captain's Yacht, the Delta Flyer or some other vessel? Is there a good way to tell from their listed stats?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Is it the Captain's Yacht, the Delta Flyer or some other vessel? Is there a good way to tell from their listed stats?
Well unless you have the Borg engines, you ain't going over warp ten. So it doesn't matter what ship you have. I would suggest getting the Borg retro set from the STF's if you a want a GO-FASTER engine in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Ok, I get that, but thats a long term goal. I am looking for something more immediate.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Ok, I get that, but thats a long term goal. I am looking for something more immediate.
That's not really long term. Five STF runs to get the engines, which only takes about an hour and a half at most. Otherwise, there is no speed difference between any class of ship when flying in Sector Space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Then I guess it doesn't really matter what ship you're in. All the ships in a certain level range travel at basically the same speed in Sector Space. The exception being one's equipped with the Borg Prototype engines, which get you up to Warp Factor 14.

That's you're best bet, get those engines, like the guy above me stated. However you need 15 data chips to get the full set. Five for each piece of the set, Engines, Deflector and Shield.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 02:34 AM
In any case you should skill some points in "driver coil". Those will increase your speed to warp 10 in regular engines (maxlevel engines should be really close to that anyways), but will also increase speed in slipstream and with the warp 10+ engines. Fastest engines are in fact the ones from the borg retro set, followed by the maco engines. Both will bring you past warp 10. While still stuck at warp 10, omega engines (all three aforementioned available at the STF vendors in DS9) and the Odyssey will improve slipstream and give so also a indirect speed boost.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Borg engines on my defiant i can do warp 19 i think.

The Maco engines can go past warp 10 im not sure how fast they go but in the info they state they give a bonus of up to warp 12 in sector space i believe where the borg engines states up to warp 14 and with skills that goes up like as i said my borg engines with defiant goes to warp 19 or somit so maco ones probably warp 16-17 or somit.

I did the tour of the universe using a cheat map from stowiki i think which got me done in about 20 mins.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 03:08 AM
borg engines and max drive coil for fastest sector speed

the odyssey slipstream is twice as long so that is a big help.

if you use transwarp in some cases then a good doff with the tier 3 excelsior console ability can really knock the recharge time down to a few minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
borg engines and max drive coil for fastest sector speed

the odyssey slipstream is twice as long so that is a big help.
This ^^ with the Odyssey's advanced slipstream, she is blatantly the best ship for doing this event now (if you are a min/maxer)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 03:28 AM
The oddy's advanced slipstream's a bonus, but you're still limited to crossing into adjacent sectors. An Excelsior can cover the whole map more efficiently if you've got a good route pre-planned. Especially considering that there are places you'll have to do a U turn and backtrack from. Also requires less minmaxing.