Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
borg engines and max drive coil for fastest sector speed

the odyssey slipstream is twice as long so that is a big help.
deffinatly this^
Maxed Driver Coil with Borg engine = Warp 20.93 for me
Slipstream In Odyssey with Maxed Driver Coil = Warp 29.9 for 1 minute
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The oddy's advanced slipstream's a bonus, but you're still limited to crossing into adjacent sectors. An Excelsior can cover the whole map more efficiently if you've got a good route pre-planned. Especially considering that there are places you'll have to do a U turn and backtrack from. Also requires less minmaxing.
Yeah, if you have the money, the Excelsiors transwarp is certainly handy, but it kinda feels like the easy way out for me, it would be like using a transporter when running a marathon :-P

Persoanlly I think the use of transwarp during the event should fail you (inclusing warp to missions transwarps!) so you really do have to race :-P
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
deffinatly this^
Maxed Driver Coil with Borg engine = Warp 20.93 for me
Slipstream In Odyssey with Maxed Driver Coil = Warp 29.9 for 1 minute
Yep plus:-
Max drive coil + maco engine = warp 18 point something. + qsd = warp 30 point something for 30 secs unless in odyssey.

Max drive coil + omega engine = warp 10 but when using qsd = warp something can't remember i thinki its is warp 29.93 but its cool down is shortened to 30s.

There are you choices lucky. With odyssey you qsd lasts longer because of AQSD.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Yeah, if you have the money, the Excelsiors transwarp is certainly handy, but it kinda feels like the easy way out for me, it would be like using a transporter when running a marathon :-P

Persoanlly I think the use of transwarp during the event should fail you (inclusing warp to missions transwarps!) so you really do have to race :-P
Or the dilithium to trade for C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM
odyssey with Omega engine slipsteams twice as long and has half recharge. Found it far faster then transwarp.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I expected only one response. Thanks for all the great replies, posted here and elsewhere . I have a lot to research on the Odyssey it seems, It's more than just the ship that replaced the Galaxy in the ESD shipyard window.

I have 17 ships and the Odyssesy is the slowest by far even ta transwarp, so I must be doing it wrong. I will check drive coil as it is something I try to max after all the skill resets thought me that. And I guess I will keep plugging away at the Borg set. For me, it was more cosmetic than anything as I play most for role, story, fun and then combat which is sometimes fun.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Borg engine with a doff bonus of warp core efficiency has got mine up to 23.38 atm.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Borg engine with a doff bonus of warp core efficiency has got mine up to 23.38 atm.
What Doff give warp core efficiency? Or do you mean Boff?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Pray tell.

Please provide details on this. I have a plethora of DOFFs that are just sitting around taking up space on my ship. :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Is it the Captain's Yacht, the Delta Flyer or some other vessel? Is there a good way to tell from their listed stats?
Are you a VA?

If so I suggest you take along the Retro Borg Engine

Max out Driver Coil

and use the Odessey Class with it's Advance Slipstream system.