Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok I just have to point this out, I KNOW KDF side is limited on content but now its seriously limited on names and imagination too???

I'm talking about S'taass, The big lovable Gorn. He is in the game 3 times in 3 different locations at the same time...

1. Standing next to the Deferi in the Great Hall
2. Forking out DOFFS at the Academy
AND
3. Now he's working for KDF Intelligence in the new FE. (While still in the other locations)

Hate to point out unless he's a Q he can't be in 3 places at once and I doubt the Q would admit this guy. As limited as KDF content is, can we at least come up with different names for different Gorn?? Doesn't take much effort...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Ok I just have to point this out, I KNOW KDF side is limited on content but now its seriously limited on names and imagination too???

I'm talking about S'taass, The big lovable Gorn. He is in the game 3 times in 3 different locations at the same time...

1. Standing next to the Deferi in the Great Hall
2. Forking out DOFFS at the Academy
AND
3. Now he's working for KDF Intelligence in the new FE. (While still in the other locations)

Hate to point out unless he's a Q he can't be in 3 places at once and I doubt the Q would admit this guy. As limited as KDF content is, can we at least come up with different names for different Gorn?? Doesn't take much effort...
i think he is meant to be the same character, moving around like you are. its to try and add some continuity to the story by adding recurring characters that you already know. ambassador surah appears in 3 places as well. he is not meant to be all 3 places at the same time. thats just the limit of mmo's that characters get stuck in static places.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I could understand continuity but when he's setup in the first 2 instances as a fixed character, firstly one of the first you meet, secondly a vendor, bit hard to go for..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-12-2012, 02:33 AM
That's right, all he ever does is stand there. Never eats, never sleeps, never goes to the...

(in case that was too subtle - of course the in-game representation is rooted to the spot, performing that one function, but as a character, he has the ability to move from it and do other things. Likewise, I'm pretty sure that Admiral Quinn is not "really" at his desk, in his office, 24/7/365.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Likewise, I'm pretty sure that Admiral Quinn is not "really" at his desk, in his office, 24/7/365.)
That might explain all the downtime... gives him the opportunity to work on the...err.. admiral's log.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
I could understand continuity but when he's setup in the first 2 instances as a fixed character, firstly one of the first you meet, secondly a vendor, bit hard to go for..
i double checked this. the two at qo'nos/academy are different gorn.

one is Ambassador S'taass and the other is Lieutenant S'stas.

the gorn in the mission should be the ambassador from the great hall, which would make sense if his role is an ambassador. he is dressed the same where the one at the academy with the doffs is dressed very different. they just have similar sounding names.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Sooooooo
02-13-2012, 07:40 AM
His name is a common one, like steve....or joe.........or tyrone......ok i can dig that...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.