Lt. Commander
it refuses to patch,i was looking forward to play this game,but i cant even patch.

I tried stuff that have been suggested, disabled firewalls,opened ports,i also checked and my computer can run the game efficiently...there is no simple answer to this...the patcher doesn't download anything i tried it over and over again,starting to feel useless. if anyone has any idea how to fix this please tell me,or let the Admin or someone just tell us you will never be able to play this game don't waste my time... i also noticed many people with this issue,and many threads about it,but its going nowhere.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Having this frustrating issue also.

Can launch the game via the steamapp folder but it's also timing out
while trying to connect to the account server. Tried all solutions to
get the steam version working I could find via google/forum.

Going to download the standalone from the website. Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 3 hey
02-13-2012, 07:20 AM
if you find anyway to fix this pls help me...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Same issue. Can't patch so can't play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionte View Post
Same issue. Can't patch so can't play.
this is really stupid and no one actually helps,this game is turning into a disaster i played so many MMOs like WoW **** DMO etc...it was all simple patch and play without any problems like this such a bad way to start.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 07:12 AM
I've had this issue since January with no luck. I heard somewhere that you might be able to get the game to work if someone emails you their .exe of the game client, but I haven't been able to test that out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Patcher problem? Why not try deleting files in the patcher folders then repatching? I'll bet there's a corrupt file in there preventing the patcher from doing its job and allowing you to play.

Go ahead and open up your Explorer window and navigate to the Cryptic folder typically located here:

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios
Once there, you're going to want to delete files from two seperate locations. Remember, you want to delete the contents of the folders, not the folders themselves. Also remember, by trying this solution you accept that I'm not responsible for what might happen and no, I'm not telling you to delete anything major.

Locate and delete the contents of these folders:

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\cache
Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\tmp
You could also delete the "GameClient.exe" file from the following folder:

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
The theory goes, if you have a corrupted GameClient.exe file, then it's not going to work for you, whereas if you remove it and then launch the launcher again, the servers will detect this and force a download for a new copy of that file.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
Patcher problem? Why not try deleting files in the patcher folders then repatching? I'll bet there's a corrupt file in there preventing the patcher from doing its job and allowing you to play.

Go ahead and open up your Explorer window and navigate to the Cryptic folder typically located here:

Once there, you're going to want to delete files from two seperate locations. Remember, you want to delete the contents of the folders, not the folders themselves. Also remember, by trying this solution you accept that I'm not responsible for what might happen and no, I'm not telling you to delete anything major.

Locate and delete the contents of these folders:

You could also delete the "GameClient.exe" file from the following folder:

The theory goes, if you have a corrupted GameClient.exe file, then it's not going to work for you, whereas if you remove it and then launch the launcher again, the servers will detect this and force a download for a new copy of that file.
its still not working <.< im so desperate now
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
How do you connect to the interwebs? Are you wireless, wired, in a dorm, behind a firewall at work, etc? Obviously something is restricting your connection, I'm just trying to figure out what.

Also, do you use or have teamviewer installed? If you do, try uninstalling it or at the very least disabling it so that you can connect. We've found that teamviewer will cause you to not be able to login.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
How do you connect to the interwebs? Are you wireless, wired, in a dorm, behind a firewall at work, etc? Obviously something is restricting your connection, I'm just trying to figure out what.

Also, do you use or have teamviewer installed? If you do, try uninstalling it or at the very least disabling it so that you can connect. We've found that teamviewer will cause you to not be able to login.
i have wireless at home,i disabled my firewall and opened all ports it wont work i appreciate any advice you can give me.