Lt. Commander
BUG:

Changing the name of a created mission does not save.

Description:

attempting to change the name of a foundry mission, shows the change, UNTIL exit and reload of the foundry, in which it shows old name again.

Project ID number:
ST-HCEW8GJ6R

How to reproduce (If known.)
-Watch Video -: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU2hxUF5SQ

or
1- Open a project in foundry.
2- Change the name of the project.
3- Save your changes.
4- Reload the foundry.
5- Project is back to old name.

Other info
As listed above, a Video link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU2hxUF5SQ
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 02:56 AM
I've got the same problem. I'm hoping when we publish it it will accept the changes. If not... mine's gonna be named untitled for awhile...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
IIRC, you need to publish a mission for the name change to be saved. A little stupid that's the way, but of course, the name only matters when it's published.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaJay View Post
BUG:

Changing the name of a created mission does not save.

Description:

attempting to change the name of a foundry mission, shows the change, UNTIL exit and reload of the foundry, in which it shows old name again.

Project ID number:
ST-HCEW8GJ6R

How to reproduce (If known.)
-Watch Video -: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU2hxUF5SQ

or
1- Open a project in foundry.
2- Change the name of the project.
3- Save your changes.
4- Reload the foundry.
5- Project is back to old name.

Other info
As listed above, a Video link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU2hxUF5SQ
Not a bug per se - any name change doesn't take effect until the mission is republised - it's been known, talked about and confirmed as working as intended since the original Foundry Beta. So, if you want to change the name, be sure to republish (or if working on a new mission - don't worry about changing the name until you're ready to publish - and type in the name change, save (and do not reload the Foundry editor) ;then publish.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
ah bugger. so i will change the name then click the Publish button when it's done. and it's far from that.
Hell, the story no longer even has Ferengi in it atall - hence why i want to change it from Ferengi Salvage ops
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
ah bugger. so i will change the name then click the Publish button when it's done. and it's far from that.
Hell, the story no longer even has Ferengi in it atall - hence why i want to change it from Ferengi Salvage ops
I had a similar problem. It's irritating, to say the least. But, feel secure that the right name will show when you're ready to press the publish button.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I had a similar problem. It's irritating, to say the least. But, feel secure that the right name will show when you're ready to press the publish button.
Thanks.

also, kirkfat from Starbase UGC, i thought that sounded familiar, I've been watching your foundry tutorials on Youtube.
Thanks for putting up such great tutorials. they have been a lot of help!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Not a bug per se - any name change doesn't take effect until the mission is republised - it's been known, talked about and confirmed as working as intended since the original Foundry Beta. So, if you want to change the name, be sure to republish (or if working on a new mission - don't worry about changing the name until you're ready to publish - and type in the name change, save (and do not reload the Foundry editor) ;then publish.
I disagree with the term "working as intended" being applied in this situation. If that's actually intended then Cryptic needs to go back and rethink things, because the rename not sticking is annoying. Rename also shouldn't require a republish to take effect, especially on a mission that's not even published
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks.

also, kirkfat from Starbase UGC, i thought that sounded familiar, I've been watching your foundry tutorials on Youtube.
Thanks for putting up such great tutorials. they have been a lot of help!
Thanks for watching. I'm glad that they help.