Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback option for missions
02-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I was thinking today how nice it would be if there were a feedback option in-game for the missions Cryptic makes, so that we can type up a review or provide suggestions in-game and submit it. I know that some people go to the forums and give feedback, but sometimes those threads get lost or moved or merged, and that feedback may go unread.

Now, I am not sure what Cryptic would have to do on their end to receive feedback in-game, but I feel that I would be more inclined to offer feedback if there were a way to open a window after completing a mission like the new FE and type out my thoughts, praises, or criticisms. Perhaps more people in-game would as well, since many people don't visit the forums.

Anyway, it's just a thought I had. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 09:13 AM
You can always send in feedback through a bug report, but I like the idea of having a feedback button(s) in the mission tracker. I'll bring it up with the team tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Is this not what the forums are for?

(just asking - not sure I see the need for another way to feedback to Cryptic)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th

The majority of the playerbase does not use the forums for a variety of reasons. There are a many things I do not personally see the need for, but that does not mean they should not exist for those who do.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th

Yes, the forums are a great place to provide feedback. However, I was thinking more along the lines of the people that have either no desire to visit the forums or even know about the forums. I think the more avenues of communication we have with the devs, the better they can gather what the player base wants and is thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
You can always send in feedback through a bug report, but I like the idea of having a feedback button(s) in the mission tracker. I'll bring it up with the team tomorrow.

Thank you very much, Tumerboy, for the response. I typically don't like to use a bug report if all I want to do is offer input or feedback. Especially if the feedback is not related to a bug. I highly appreciate you being willing to bring it up with the dev team!
Lt. Commander
# 7 I like the idea.
02-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I read the forums and sometimes reply but I participate infrequently because of the hostil..."passion" that erupts on hot topics and because my eyes glaze over after seeing 20+ pages of responses. SO I typically just read the Dev tracker. My SO is a lurker and has had some great ideas as a new to Trek/ new to MMO/ new to STO player that she'll never post. Things I never would have thought of as a veteran player. I wish there was a better way for me to feed the team her feedback on things.

Similar to Foundry feedback mechanic, I think it would be a great way to offer the player a clear means of communicating ideas and thoughts on a particular mission. The bug report system can seem vague to a new player. The instructions on good bug reports are here on the forums and so not available to most players. Sometimes I also just want to tell Cryptic that I just played ___ mission and the ____ was frickin' awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trone
I read the forums and sometimes reply but I participate infrequently because of the hostil..."passion" that erupts on hot topics and because my eyes glaze over after seeing 20+ pages of responses. SO I typically just read the Dev tracker. My SO is a lurker and has had some great ideas as a new to Trek/ new to MMO/ new to STO player that she'll never post. Things I never would have thought of as a veteran player. I wish there was a better way for me to feed the team her feedback on things.

Similar to Foundry feedback mechanic, I think it would be a great way to offer the player a clear means of communicating ideas and thoughts on a particular mission. The bug report system can seem vague to a new player. The instructions on good bug reports are here on the forums and so not available to most players. Sometimes I also just want to tell Cryptic that I just played ___ mission and the ____ was frickin' awesome.

Ah yes, thank you for mentioning the Foundry feedback mechanic. This is very much what I had in mind. This mechanic may also eliminate steps some people may take in order to provide their thoughts. Having an option in-game would remove the need to exit the game and log into the forums to either find and post in a thread, or create a thread.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM
ACtually the foundry feedback option would make a lot of sense I guess - using the bug report to me though just seems likely to hide the acutal bugs from the devs in swamps of feedback, y'know?

I also wouldn't want it forced on to me either lol