Lt. Commander
# 1 Enable Chat Not Working?
02-05-2012, 08:39 AM
So, I'm making a gladiator arena for my next mission, and I'm filling the stands with spectators, many of which yell stuff like "Die" or "Kill, Kill."

Problem is, only a few of these npcs are actually yelling their chat bubbles. I know for certain that I have chat enabled, set to default weights, etc.

I'm using a variety of different neutral npc groups of animals, reskinned as spectators. For the most part, they are not speaking their chat texts, although they are doing their chat animations.

I have them behind invisible walls. Does that matter?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I've had the same problem with the invisible walls. It seems that when there's a wall between you and the NPCs, you can't "see" what they're saying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 02:25 AM
It's the invisible walls. You can read the text in the chat window, but the wall blocks "sight". As such you wont see the bubbles above their heads or their name/titles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
It's the invisible walls. You can read the text in the chat window, but the wall blocks "sight". As such you wont see the bubbles above their heads or their name/titles.
Ah ok, wish I'd known this before giving so many npcs chat texts, lol. Without the invis walls, they die. Oh well.

Thanks!