Lt. Commander
# 1 Where are these things?
02-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Is anybody else wondering why there hasn't been a c-store or life-time sale? What about the andorian battle cruiser? What about the D'kora class Ferengi ship? It would be nice if we could get a c-store sale soon along with a new tactical ship. I heard Cryptic was almost done with a new cryptic ship, and I'm hoping it's the andorian ship. Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
My thought is, we have enough ships for the moment. I'd prefer to see Cryptic finish projects that were started years ago. They have serious Attention Deficit Disorder.

- Why doesn't K7 look anything like the show? Did they even WATCH "Trouble With Tribbles"?

- Why doesn't Memory Alpha look anything like the show? Did they even WATCH "Lights of Zetar"?

- Why are the bridges and interiors such poor representations of the show? We have hundreds of hours of references.

Starfleet academy looks AMAZING! I know they could do it if they could keep from getting distracted with other stuff. Cryptic needs to stop messing with more ships and fix the stuff that was rushed for launch 2 years go - - make STO actually LOOK like the show it's named after.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Agreed ..........
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
- Why doesn't K7 look anything like the show? Did they even WATCH "Trouble With Tribbles"?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2714/4...03f012bb_z.jpg - Show
http://ruzstolog.files.wordpress.com...station-k7.jpg - Game
Difference? I can't see any to be honest.

Quote:
- Why doesn't Memory Alpha look anything like the show? Did they even WATCH "Lights of Zetar"?
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/Ep73_memory_alpha.jpg - Show
http://www.stoacademy.com/maps/maps/...alpha_icon.jpg - Game
Difference? The dome colouring? Looks absolutely fine to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:

Arguably, Memory alpha and K7 are shown in the TV shows a couple hundred years in the past. There's no telling what modifications/repairs/upgrades have been made to these areas in the intervening time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
My thought is, we have enough ships for the moment. I'd prefer to see Cryptic finish projects that were started years ago. They have serious Attention Deficit Disorder.

- Why are the bridges and interiors such poor representations of the show? We have hundreds of hours of references.

Starfleet academy looks AMAZING! I know they could do it if they could keep from getting distracted with other stuff. Cryptic needs to stop messing with more ships and fix the stuff that was rushed for launch 2 years go - - make STO actually LOOK like the show it's named after.
While I do sympathize with you, let me ask you a quesiton. Where do you spend 40-60% while in-game? If your answer is flying a ship, then it makes sense for changes to the interior and exterior graphics/environment of mem alpha and k7to be a lower priority. End-game ships and missions are much more important than crafting considering we probably spend the least amount of time there.

That being said, proper aesthetics with space stations that match the show as closely as possible are necessary. As an example, the view of earth from within ESD is much better now after the ESD revamp. I didn't notice how what a beautiful view it was until I stopped to look out the windows the other day. I really did get the sense I was in a tiny station when earth seems so large from ESD. So, yeah, I definitely agree that well done and realistc interiors add to the immersion factor.

At, this point, we're just going to have to be patient. Tumberboy already said he'd get to fixing some of the things wrong with DS9 when he had time, and maybe he'll fix some of the K7 stuff you pointed out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Heh, nice try.

Try some INTERIOR shots now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
... I'm pretty sure Tumerboy will get to fixing some of the things wrong with K7 and DS9 at some point. We just have to be patient.
I hope you're correct. I've lost faith after 2 years... but I'm willing to give credit where it's due and locations like the Academy are awesome. With so many iconic places throught the mythos, I'd prefer they fix up those locations over adding more ship designs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Heh, nice try.

This...

Also... K7 is little bigger than a Connie... now compare it to the in-game screenshot provided.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Heh, nice try.

That;s where this game really breaks down period.

There have been some recent amazing interiors like the TOS sets, the DS9 conference room, the Academies....
But most everything before that is generic over-sized sub-par sci-fi with a star trek label.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
They introduce a new mission (the first in a long time) and it's a weekend of lag and crashing.

What does this tell you? It tells us that what is wanted more than anything is CONTENT.

At least 75% of their time should be spent on creating new mission content. Interiors and all that are fine, but the servers don't overload and crash because a new bridge style is made available. Lock boxes and all this nonsense are not helping them build loyal customers. People want something new to do and immerse themselves in. New interiors really don't do the trick.

Are these cosmetic things needed? Absolutely. Are they as important as mission content? Not even close.