Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Ships and Consoles
02-12-2012, 11:14 AM
So with the change to having the shield capacity console now using a science console slot I've had to do a little reworking to my builds.

I usually either fly a RSV or a LRSV-R. Usually I would put my borg console in the extra slot in tac or engineering, depending on the ship I flew, but I've apparently only now realized that most of the increased healing or damage I get from my science consoles is minuscule at best and worthless at worst depending on the skills and that AUX power is where it's all at. Thus, I've decided to place my borg console in my science slot, leaving only 2 science consoles for actual science stuff (I still consider the shield cap console an engineering console or at the very least engineering related) and so this leaves me in a bit of a quandary.

Now the tact slots I have all but figured out but it's the engineering slots that are getting to me. With the subsystems power consoles now only granting a +3 to all subsystems it doesn't seem worth it to divert a console slot to extra power as proper skill and power management will go a lot further and still leave those slots avilable.

Naturally I'm going to use a resist console or 2, but aside from that is it worth it to just load up all 3 engineering slots with resistance consoles? Is there anything useful to put there anymore other than resist consoles?

I guess I'm basically asking how other people have been coping with the new changes to both consoles and skills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I would like to know this too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
with the intrepid, you could try;

eng : resist, resist, sif
sci : +35% cap, borg, shield emitter x2
tac : +dmg type x2
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breygorn View Post
with the intrepid, you could try;

eng : resist, resist, sif
sci : +35% cap, borg, shield emitter x2
tac : +dmg type x2
What does the SiF enhance these days? I remember they use to boost Engineering Team and Miracle Worker but it's been a while since I used them.

BTW, I'm an engineering captain in case people think it's relevant, but I'm asking more in a general sense since my other toons also fly a science ship from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
the sif increases hull healing