Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I wonder if "upgrading the servers" isn't what we think it is. We know nothing about this game's architecture. I wonder if some of this has to do with the code the game is running as opposed to the server it runs on.
Lt. Commander
# 12
yes thank you now bow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZcEwHBAk8

We know you care and now this will show Mr Zinc a need for a few more good shards
as Awen did handin out 10k Open Beta keys showed..

So many doin so many enjoyale things .over-all Saturday was a very good day this hicup will pass.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Crypitc, Don't be exactly one half of an eleven pound black forest ham.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viion View Post
*sigh* I'm sorry, people. I do believe this is my fault. I came back to the game. Played a few hours and thought "Hey, I'll resub". And less than 5 minutes after that the server died on us. I'm sure it has to be my karma that just bit us all in the posterior.
It went down for 8 hours when I got my LTS. Clearly this is evidence that Cryptic doesn't want our money!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd be interested to know exactly what brought the servers down (IT geek, can't help it! ).

No worries, just stay calm and do your best to get everything running again as I'm sure you will. Ignore the people who will start bashing their fists on the table and whining, they probably have no idea what it's like to work in a datacentre/NOC when things go wrong! Not a pleasant experience!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Glad to know absolutely nothing has changed since the last FE release last year. Also glad to know that mine and every other sub's $15/month has not gone towards hardware upgrades for this game.

Whenever you guys release an FE, we do this. Every. Single. Time.

Get your house in order already! There's no excuse at all for this issue to persist as long as it has!
Lt. Commander
# 17 News
02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Is good to know you´re working on.

Congratulations for the game anyway. A very fun universe... when it works lol.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimauldus89
Well, if they've gained a massive influx of players due to F2P then they should invest in another server or extend the current one. Lets face it, C-store isn't exactly cheap and with the new key system they can't be shy of a few bob.
They've stated they're working on doing both. These past two weekends with the two year anniversary event (with the 'free' Oddessey grant mission); and this weekend with the new FE series debut have probably brought many more players to STO than its had previously That said, it is annoying when a server crash happens.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjChrisX
i agree. It feels like the server doesn't have enough cpu and ram to process all the new players.
Ever since STO went F2P and all the new players came the server has been feeling very laggy to me which indicates that the hardware resources are not fast enough to handle all the new stuff and players.
It's more the network. It's a well-known fact in the internet world that the ISP they use is complete ****. Well, that and inefficient, buggy network code that breaks if you so much as poke it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
Cryptic, can you give a ETA on when the servers may come online??

.... why do i ask anyway, wont get an anwser anyway
Closed Thread