Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBlack10 View Post
you should check out shadow dragon fleet we welcome all players of all experiences and we teach those that are new to the game and we give them gear and requirement and do missions with them and our site has alot of useful links to help new players so check us out www.shadowdragonfleet.webs.com
I'm happy to have seen this because I was starting to think that STFs were the corner of the game left to troglodytes to swing e-peeni at each other.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Screwlose
So here i am....new to the game no idea what needs to get done, but willing to learn.
I get squaded with folk that don't want to let me know where they need my phaser or ship. when asked ignore me then want to whine when it all goes wrong......................to those that do this STOP WHINING AND TEACH.

I have found most new players willing to learn and lets be honest we all make mistakes. Add to this that depending on the group there are different ways to do stuff and you can see how new players can be left thinking that vet players are all just op asses.take a sec folks to make sure everyone knows the run and if they don't give them a rundown.
it will make your day go smoother less stressed and game play more fun.

relax folks it is just a game.:p

When I first started playing the game a year ago, I was greeted with similar flak when I first started doing STFs. Even outside of STFs, I saw other new players get cannibilized in ESD by vets who told these players to "check your maps for the npc contacts you lazy noobs" or "google it".

The problem is, you can't press alt + tab every 10 seconds to look up a guide on an obscure game site, or look up unreliable information on an icomplete STO wiki.

The most common advice you may hear is "join this fleet" or "no, join that fleet". But what if you don't have the time to contribute to a fleet? Or if you're like me and could care less? My advice is: There are fairly adequate guides somewhere in the forums where you can get guides and tips on these multiplayer missions.

And if anyone gives you trouble in an STF (or in the game in general), just remember that if your teammates are getting upset over a silly game, then maybe you're not the one who has a problem. Star Trek as a whole is known as being about optimism and good character and the future of human morals, so its unfortunate that problems like these are as widespread as they are.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
So here i am....new to the game no idea what needs to get done
and yet your join date says 'join date nov 2010'

given that and the title of the thread i'm more inclined to believe that its just an attempt to take a stab at people
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Screwlose
So here i am....new to the game no idea what needs to get done, but willing to learn.
I get squaded with folk that don't want to let me know where they need my phaser or ship. when asked ignore me then want to whine when it all goes wrong......................to those that do this STOP WHINING AND TEACH.

I have found most new players willing to learn and lets be honest we all make mistakes. Add to this that depending on the group there are different ways to do stuff and you can see how new players can be left thinking that vet players are all just op asses.take a sec folks to make sure everyone knows the run and if they don't give them a rundown.
it will make your day go smoother less stressed and game play more fun.

relax folks it is just a game.:p

If you do not have a frequency remodulator i will kill you.
Lt. Commander
# 15 eh...
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Problem is no matter what you do, you will run into impatient people. My problem is puggin with those who know better and just wanna twitch the stf for the heck of it....this really p*sses me off.

While I can understand why one would be upset, keep in mind that you will get better no matter what....
If i am in game I will help with whatever questions you have to the best of my knowledge....and if I don't know.....Im sure someone at 10 Forward does.

Link in my sig takes you there.....

Cast
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
its not the problem with teaching its more a problem of people listen. i Did a elite Stf on ground and half the team never did an stf or even had a remodulator. i talk to them in team sayd them what is to to, and how to get a remod. no answer back or any sign that there where listening, tried in local and zone no response there just running forward shooting and wondering why they dont do any dmg.

than i was in the room because i only know how to work it and bam, the rest showed up playing around with the symbols so i did the only thing i left, and for that i got very nice tells and mails. stupid world today.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
Stop playing Fed and Make a KDF character. Your problem would then be solved.
While I appreciate the joke, the STF queues don't care what faction you come from. Rollin' KDF doesn't keep you safe from teaming with feds. ;)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker.Hawk View Post
its not the problem with teaching its more a problem of people listen. i Did a elite Stf on ground and half the team never did an stf or even had a remodulator. i talk to them in team sayd them what is to to, and how to get a remod. no answer back or any sign that there where listening, tried in local and zone no response there just running forward shooting and wondering why they dont do any dmg.

than i was in the room because i only know how to work it and bam, the rest showed up playing around with the symbols so i did the only thing i left, and for that i got very nice tells and mails. stupid world today.
Translation for my German friend:
Its not a problem with teaching its more a problem of people listening. I did an Elite Ground STF and half of the team had never done a STF or even had a Frequency Remodulator. I talked to them in team and told them how the STF worked and how to purchase and use a Frequency Remodulator. They did not answer nor did they show any sign of listening to me, I had tried in local and zone chat. Their only response was running forward, shooting and wondering why they did no damage.

Then i was the only one in the room because I was the only competent person. The rest of the team showed up and played around the interaction objects so i did the only thing i could do, I left and for that i received "Very nice" tells and mails. The world is full of stupid people/Stupid world today.

TL: DR
In a STF with ******* who couldn't play and didn't listen to a damn thing. I left and they *****ed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
This is why I don't play on the Elite STF queue. I'm an experienced player and I've been playing STO for awhile, but a lot of folks playing Elite ruin it. I either stick to running STFs with my fleet or in the normal queue.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm starting a new fleet dedicated to helping and training newbies into battle-hardened Starfleet officers. My Co-leader and I have Lifetime Memberships and have been playing since launch, and are well versed in the game. If you're interested, hit me up in game. The name of the fleet is Battle Fleet Epsilon. If I am not available, my co-leader @Valdenous or one of my captains, such as @Phylazian0, will be happy to assist you. Thanks very much, hope to see you in-game!
Closed Thread