Lt. Commander
# 1 Deep Space 9 Uniforms
02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Well i have a problem here, i unlocked from the cardassian box the "DS 9 Uniforms", so ricght click on it, i use it, then the "you have the uniforms" signs pop up, all nice until that... but when i go to the tailor it still says that i have to pay 440CP for the ds9 uniforms...so, how that's work? -.-
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolingachu View Post
Well i have a problem here, i unlocked from the cardassian box the "DS 9 Uniforms", so ricght click on it, i use it, then the "you have the uniforms" signs pop up, all nice until that... but when i go to the tailor it still says that i have to pay 440CP for the ds9 uniforms...so, how that's work? -.-

i am having the same issue. i am not too concerned though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm, I have not had to do this because I already have them. Have you tried to perform a "Free Claim" from the C-Store? Some special items are sometimes unlocked in the c-store and you need to claim them for no charge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Hmmmm, I have not had to do this because I already have them. Have you tried to perform a "Free Claim" from the C-Store? Some special items are sometimes unlocked in the c-store and you need to claim them for no charge.
i ve already tried that too, but there´s nothing, same things, it ask me CP to buy it =S
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolingachu View Post
i ve already tried that too, but there´s nothing, same things, it ask me CP to buy it =S
There are two DS9 uniforms at the Tailor. One is regular DS9, and the other is something akin to DS9 Open. When you get the DS9 pack, you only unlock the regular version.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadias
There are two DS9 uniforms at the Tailor. One is regular DS9, and the other is something akin to DS9 Open. When you get the DS9 pack, you only unlock the regular version.
Yes because on "open" shirt is worth so much more....:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Does anyone else is bugged by those uniforms are the latest equipment for the gamma-quadrant task-force (description), but NO-ONE ON DS9 WEARS THOSE (npcs)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
Does anyone else is bugged by those uniforms are the latest equipment for the gamma-quadrant task-force (description), but NO-ONE ON DS9 WEARS THOSE (npcs)
Basically the DS9 uniform are outdated - they are there merely for the retro looks, akin to the TOS clothing.

The NPC wear those ugly premade uniforms - who is the artist who came up with the default NPC uniforms - very uninspiring and looks like an amatuer design.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Basically the DS9 uniform are outdated - they are there merely for the retro looks, akin to the TOS clothing.

The NPC wear those ugly premade uniforms - who is the artist who came up with the default NPC uniforms - very uninspiring and looks like an amatuer design.
I dont get it at all. I would like it if they had instad of this "everyone can use every uniform (hence making it not-a-uniform)" thing decided to give different departments different uniforms. The DS9 uniform TELLS us that it is Starfleets Gamma-Quadrant-Task-Force's uniform, yet no one wears it. There could be a uniform for every sector-based-operations devision and players could choose a uniform style reflecting those.

The basic uniforms are, compared to the canon uniforms, really ugly. I kind of went with them, though. I would want to use canon uniforms, but since no one in-game actually wears those I rode with the default ones, antares 2 for crewmen, sierra 1 color scheme 3 for senior staff, sierra 1 color scheme 1 for regular bridge officers. I'd like to change my regular crewmen's appearance so I could wear better ones instad.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Why would they be wearing the DS9 uniform at DS9? The uniform wasn't unique to the station; Voyager wore the same uniforms for the entire series run. The people inside the universe don't know that the uniform is associated with the TV show Deep Space Nine, either. It holds no special significance inside the ST universe.

On top of it, it's 30-40 years after Insurrection. As previously stated, NPCs wearing DS9 uniforms would be like having a The Next Generation game where everyone wore TOS long sleeve T-shirts. Or a Vietnam movie with guys wearing WW1 uniforms.