Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
Why would they be wearing the DS9 uniform at DS9? The uniform wasn't unique to the station; Voyager wore the same uniforms for the entire series run. The people inside the universe don't know that the uniform is associated with the TV show Deep Space Nine, either. It holds no special significance inside the ST universe.

On top of it, it's 30-40 years after Insurrection. As previously stated, NPCs wearing DS9 uniforms would be like having a The Next Generation game where everyone wore TOS long sleeve T-shirts. Or a Vietnam movie with guys wearing WW1 uniforms.
The in-game item tells you that these uniforms are the latest Gamma-Quadrant-Ops uniforms. I'm not making this up, the game states it. If it just were the uniforms for nostalgic value like any other uniform in the game I wouldn't care.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 03:34 AM
I rly donīt care if Jean Luc Picard used a Monkey suit on the show or if Spock like to wear dresses or if the suits in game are made to be a perfect match with the show or not...i rly donīt...letīs go back to my first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolingachu View Post
Well i have a problem here, i unlocked from the cardassian box the "DS 9 Uniforms", so ricght click on it, i use it, then the "you have the uniforms" signs pop up, all nice until that... but when i go to the tailor it still says that i have to pay 440CP for the ds9 uniforms...so, how that's work? -.-
...Why the DS9 uniforms are still blocked on the tailor???
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Basically the DS9 uniform are outdated - they are there merely for the retro looks, akin to the TOS clothing.

The NPC wear those ugly premade uniforms - who is the artist who came up with the default NPC uniforms - very uninspiring and looks like an amatuer design.
Yeah I hate those ugly premade uniforms.
They should eitghther make it "Canon" and use the AGT uniforms (wich are ugly too, but, again, canon for that time period seen in 3 episodes), ignore logic and use the TNG-Movie uniforms for "Star Trek" feeling or make it costumizable for each (wich isnt that hard. If MODDERS can replace weapon skins so the weapons look diffrent for me then for everybody, can make a "nude patch" wich was arround a while ago, that replaces a uniform with... well having no uniform just for me and for everyone else diffrent, and replace the Blue-in-blue with real LCARS, then I see absolutley NO REASON why the actual DEVELOPERS cant make the NPCs costumizable to personal preferences.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
I rly donīt care if Jean Luc Picard used a Monkey suit on the show or if Spock like to wear dresses or if the suits in game are made to be a perfect match with the show or not...i rly donīt...letīs go back to my first post...

...Why the DS9 uniforms are still blocked on the tailor???
Did you check the "show only owned costumes" button? There are two DS9 sets in the game, maybe you click the wrong one or the game doesn't show your new costumes because something is messed up. Other than that if you opened the box, did it say "you recieve the following costumes"? There had to be a window showing you two DS9 uniform parts (male & female)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
Did you check the "show only owned costumes" button? There are two DS9 sets in the game, maybe you click the wrong one or the game doesn't show your new costumes because something is messed up. Other than that if you opened the box, did it say "you recieve the following costumes"? There had to be a window showing you two DS9 uniform parts (male & female)

Yes, the sign with the "you recieved the costumes" did appear, in fact, i tried to open another ds9 pack from the boxes but it says "you may only have 1 set bla bla...", on the tailor i tried everything, and still says i need to buy them, so there must be something messed up, cause you open the box, unlocked the costumes, but on the tailor neither of both ds9 parts are unlocked =S
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Yes, the sign with the "you recieved the costumes" did appear, in fact, i tried to open another ds9 pack from the boxes but it says "you may only have 1 set bla bla...", on the tailor i tried everything, and still says i need to buy them, so there must be something messed up, cause you open the box, unlocked the costumes, but on the tailor neither of both ds9 parts are unlocked =S
Then I suspect a bug and would write a ticket. I have something similiar when it comes to the boni: With the DS9 pack there is the TNG comm-badge. When I select it, the game tells me I have to buy either the DS9 or TNG set. I can, however, just cancel this window and proceed, as the badge IS shown as "owned" (green V). But it DOES show up. Hmm...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
Then I suspect a bug and would write a ticket. I have something similiar when it comes to the boni: With the DS9 pack there is the TNG comm-badge. When I select it, the game tells me I have to buy either the DS9 or TNG set. I can, however, just cancel this window and proceed, as the badge IS shown as "owned" (green V). But it DOES show up. Hmm...
well...time to send a ticket then, thx for the help.

EDIT: ticket sent, let's wait the answer...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I had the same problem yesterday. But when I logged in today, the DS9 uniform was available at the tailor. Maybe it takes some time, or a server restart.