Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold Member put in Que to play?
02-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Why am I, who subscribes and pays to play, being put in a waiting line to play the game? Why in the Hell should I pay? I just cancled my subscription!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
It is in the F2P matrix...

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features

I was in the Que a couple times even before today. I think I spent a whole 30 seconds in the Que's.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Why am I, who subscribes and pays to play, being put in a waiting line to play the game? Why in the Hell should I pay? I just cancled my subscription!
how long did you have to wait?

even though golds get priority log in, you still have to compete with other golds also in queues from time to time. if they have hit capacity then you still have a wait, but the wait should not be that long.

canalling your sub will mean you have much longer waits from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
how long did you have to wait?

even though golds get priority log in, you still have to compete with other golds also in queues from time to time. if they have hit capacity then you still have a wait, but the wait should not be that long.

canalling your sub will mean you have much longer waits from now on.
I agree with Revo.

I originally intended to reply by saying that waiting a short time for a queue is not even worth a forum post. If you had to wait half an hour or even a full hour, now that would be something different. Since you did not give a clear indication on how long your waiting time was, then it's hard for us to sympathize / disagree with you.

But then again: if you go to a store and have to go outside, you also have to wait in line. It's a part of life!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I've waited in the queue twice, as a lifer. The first time was less than two seconds, and today, I was in the queue less than five. Yes, Golds/Lifers get priority login, but sometimes there really IS no more room at the inn.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I've never had to queue once before F2P, but have now done so on several occasions. I use the premiere of "The Vault" Episode as a good comparison. Practically 100% of the quite numerous population back then hit the servers virtually all at once - no queueing. Really, it is not acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus10
I've never had to queue once before F2P, but have now done so on several occasions. I use the premiere of "The Vault" Episode as a good comparison. Practically 100% of the quite numerous population back then hit the servers virtually all at once - no queueing. Really, it is not acceptable.
It's possible, with all the new/returning Silvers, that a queue may be currently unavoidable.

Heck, might even be good... if Cryptic can go to PW and say "Look, here are the numbers; we've got so many trying to play we have to put in a queue", they just might get the funds for server upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
queue waiting time wasnt long for f2p players and even shorter for gold members, i see no issue there, and its a good solution to ensure stable gaming experience for everybody instead of letting everyone connect at once and ruin instance performance this way.

Personal Note: i think OP is an Antedean

http://i.imgur.com/d0eNy.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
I've waited in the queue twice, as a lifer. The first time was less than two seconds, and today, I was in the queue less than five. Yes, Golds/Lifers get priority login, but sometimes there really IS no more room at the inn.
Yep. I'm a Silver and I was 1790 in a queue of 1871. I waited about 6 minutes. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I can see the queue and go "Ooh! I'm going to go grab a Pepsi real quickly before I log in!". See? It has uses!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2012, 04:34 PM
yes I don't get why subsribers don't load featured over F2P

bad buisness to **** off main paying customers

I thought F2p was on seperate server
Closed Thread