Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2012, 05:23 AM
I can't say I really noticed in game, but you guys are right. He is supposed to be in charge of a joint task force consisting of 2 of the 4 parties at the conference, and no doubt any additional support from the other factions there (ie Deferi and Cardassian) would also fall under his command.

So, how come he wasn't at this vitally important conference to form an alliance to expand his forces?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2012, 07:20 AM
They told him the day of the conference was next Tuesday...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2012, 08:01 AM
My question:

Where were the Romulans?

Were they not invited to the big Alpha Quandrant Borg meeting or did they just not show up?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanakar
My question:

Where were the Romulans?

Were they not invited to the big Alpha Quandrant Borg meeting or did they just not show up?
The Romulans are as ramshackle as they come these days, especially since Sela's getaway/kidnapping at the end of Cloaked Intensions. A broken empire by the time this meeting takes place.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBannon View Post
I think it's quite simple why D'Vak didn't participate in any kind.
When the plot for this episode was written, D'Vak was still on the U.S.S. Victory in Gamma Orionis as a simple captain and quest giver for the pre season 5 STF's and not that big badazz Omega Force Leader he is now.
Cryptic just doesn't want to make the effort to bring him to this story, because they think most of us wouldn't mention that anyway.

IMHO it is really ridiculous, that the leader of the Omega Force, which was designed to face the Borg threat is not participating in such an important conference.
This or they will include the 2800 series into the cardassian chain. That way the conference on DS9 would basically be the prelude to BG Omega and the Borg missions - and D'Vak would at the time 2800 takes place just be some average klingon captain selling prisoners to orion slavers, raiding peaceful colonies and what else klingons do when not standing at DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Given how odd people think that it is for D'vak to be missing, one of the Devs could easily add a throwaway line in to one of the other episodes explaining why he was not present. Then the whole issue would be solved.

...Maybe they could add a second line about Andrews' nationality.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I did dislike teh sly eludes to KDF needing to be more peaceful and toe the fed line in regards to the helping of the Borg threat.
We need no peace to realize the bigger danger and while one can choose to fight alongsisde the federation to vanquish the giant, I in no way trust or desire peace with them and will not drink thier kool-aid as the saying goes.
The federation has pushed away many allies in the timeline and to find those same allies our hesitant or down right distrustfull when they aproach (not even hat in hand) to seek assistance shows the underying arrogance of the situation.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2012, 09:55 AM
What bothered me was that there was no ships at all around DS9 while it was attacked.....and the shields were down, only 2 ( and 1 dead) security....etc
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Although I do find it curious that D'Vak, clearly on the station during the conference (or at least, shortly before the talks started), and clearly is an important character in the Fed/KDF's efforts in fighting the Borg, I am going to rationalize it in one/some/all of the following ways:

1) D'Vak is generally not liked by the Klingon Empire and is merely tolerated by most, similar to how Worf was thought of by some/most of the Klingons he encountered during TNG. Thus, his direct involvement during the talks was seen as a potential detriment to the discussions.

2) D'Vak was preparing for a large effort against the Borg and although asked to participate in the talks, he could not afford to take time away from his post, and may have left DS9 right before the talks started.

3) D'Vak and the stationed Omega Force personnel went into hiding during the initial Dominion attacks after realizing they could not win a direct confrontation, and will reappear in the subsequent episodes as the "inside man" to take back DS9 (particularly involving spacewalks... I mean, the MACOs gotta use those helmets for something!).

The above could also explain why there were only 5 Federation starships around to defend the attack (most of them were sent on D'Vak's latest push into GO).
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
What was wrong with Second Wave?

1. 30+ years have passed since the Dominion War. Starfleet has made significant strides in weapons and shields technology. Yet, DS9 fell in like 5 minutes.

2. An important conference is occuring, with delegates from major powers in the galaxy. The normal mode of operation is to protect that conference with any and all resources available. Essentially, a blockade in space, and 2-3x the normal security on the station itself. Apparently, the chief of Starfleet Security didn't get the memo.

3. Ops was left unattended, which directly resulted in the death of Karen Andrews. There is only one time in all of DS9 that I can recall Ops being so undefended. The episode was "Babel" and the reason it was undefended is because all the senior staff had been overcome with the aphasia virus. Where was the security in Ops? Why was Karen Andrews the sole person in the one place on the entire station that must be defended at all costs?

4. Karen Andrews orders Red Alert. We all know that when Red Alert is issued, shields go up. Yet, the Dominion's attack damages the station like the shields weren't up. When Sisko and company lost the station the first time, they put up a better fight, and it took the Dominion significantly longer to take the station than this.

5. I blew up every ship around DS9. Including the Dreadnought and the Battlecruisers. In an Exeter Class Cruiser. There were no ships left surrounding DS9. Yet, we lost? The Dominion holds the station? BULLS@#$!!!!

I could go on, but really, these are more than enough points to cause some headscratching and general wondering about what Cryptic did with a year's worth of time to develop this farce.