Lt. Commander
I've noticed that some of the medical beds won't allow you to have NPC's lying on them. Normally I set the NPC "Y" coordinate for 1 meter, which works well.

Sometimes, however, the NPC's end up lying on top of the covering of the closed bed, or hovering over the open beds.

The covering of the closed bed or the partially raised sides of the open bed shouldn't be the reason, or you wouldn't be able to put one item inside another, or place an item so it ends up sticking halfway out of a wall or floor.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosvik
I've noticed that some of the medical beds won't allow you to have NPC's lying on them. Normally I set the NPC "Y" coordinate for 1 meter, which works well.

Sometimes, however, the NPC's end up lying on top of the covering of the closed bed, or hovering over the open beds.

The covering of the closed bed or the partially raised sides of the open bed shouldn't be the reason, or you wouldn't be able to put one item inside another, or place an item so it ends up sticking halfway out of a wall or floor.
I haven't tried with the closed beds, but I run into similar problems with chairs. The best you can do is switch back and forth between the editor and the playtest, making very minor adjustments until you find the particular Y value that looks the most believable. In the end, it simply may not work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
yeah, the best I can tell you is that it has to do with the collision envelope the artist created for the object. We 'know' that collision is loosely defined for the player character, in fact they reduced it to next to nothing early on in the first launch days. Objects though, not so much, so you get some weird results from time to time.