Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok I don't like to many reboots, but some movies and shows should get the reboot treatment. If they are done right, they can be better than the original version.

Now the guys behind ABC's V, the rebooted version, will try their hand at Space 1999, and if you don't know what I am talking about. Here is trailer from one of the shows :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMEZuaguuCU

You can read more about what is planned at the following link. I just hope they don't screw up the concept, we do need a good scifi TV show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-remake-288601
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Didn't V do very poorly? Same guys doesn't actually instill confidence.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 05:30 AM
I know that what's got me a little concerned, but they might do a good job on Space 2099. The original version Space 1999 was good back in the day, but I watched it again not long ago and felt. This show needs to be updated bad. lol So I cross my fingers and hold these guys can make it happen. If they can get past 1 season that good, 2 season better, then 3 or more is great. I know I will be keeping an eye on this project, maybe it will be a winner when it's done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 05:32 AM
I think it would be worthwhile if in the reboot the explosion sent the moon hurtling in the opposite direction this time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
I think it would be worthwhile if in the reboot the explosion sent the moon hurtling in the opposite direction this time.
Towards the Earth??
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Towards the Earth??
It would certainly save them from the risk of an epic first episode and complete let down for the rest of the run.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 05:55 AM
I say don't use the explosion angle, but use a wormhole angle. Maybe some scientist guy is doing an something with wormhole tech, and something goes wrong sending the moon off into the deep reaches of space. If could work right? lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Space 1999 was deeply a thing of it's time. I suppose they could do alright by it. But if they mess with the "Helpless before the universe" vibe it'll just be another space cowboy show.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
As long as it's got a funky theme tune like the original, then I'm in

I watched Space1999 as kid when it first came out in the 70s and thought it was facinating.

I remember also being scared at some of the epsiodes, especially the one where everyone was pretending to be from earth and they were in fact one-eyed spaghetti monsters. Gave me nightmares for months.

I tought V was okay. I wasn't gripped, but I wouldn't mind them doing a 3rd series just to see how it ends.

Now where is my Buck Rogers!!!! Begglie beeglie...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Didn't V do very poorly? Same guys doesn't actually instill confidence.
Yes, that's troubling me as well. We'll see.