Lt. Commander
Which kind of console boosts the Spiral Wave Disruptors?

Phaser Relays or Disruptor Coils?

Please answer if you know the answer, not if you presume/speculate/think or make a guess.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
Please answer if you know the answer, not if you presume/speculate/think or make a guess.
I honestly don't think anyone other than CapnGeko could give you the factual answer you're looking for; unless of course there's a player out there who has a Galor-class Cruiser who's experimented with the weapons and consoles.

I have an idea based on logic about what the correct answer is but you don't want to hear it; do you?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm hoping these become a reward from one of the featured episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Just tested it. Disrupter Coils boost it, Phaser Relays do not.

Which makes me sad, as I use phasers with them to get a close colour match. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I don't have them, but if you run your mouse over the weapon until it shows you the expanded description shouldn't it say what type of energy damage (phaser or disruptor) it's actually dealing?

Or you could buy a low end phaser or disruptor console for an insignificant amount of credits, go into a star-system, equip it and see does your DPS change. (EDIT: Seems someone's done exactly that).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
You can find this out pretty easily yourself, assuming you have the Spiral Wave Disruptor.

Just buy a cheap one of each console. Make sure it's a common one so you can resell it. Then beam up to your ship.

Hover over the weapon on your hud (not in the ship window, on the main window where it shows your weapons). See what the damage figure reads. Now, equip one of the consoles, and then hover over the weapon again. See if the number has changed. Then equip the other console and see if the number has changed.

After doing that you'll know whether one, both or neither of the consoles boost the weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alairan View Post
Just tested it. Disrupter Coils boost it, Phaser Relays do not.
Ditto. That's what I use on my setup.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2012, 08:18 AM
would love a way to craft more of the beams for those of us "lucky" enough to have the ship.
i'd like the chance to have all 8 beams the exact same.shame it'll never happen.
on a similar note why didn't the bugship come with a special weapon type ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I would have said disruptor also, simply because the are called "spiral wave disruptors"

Much like the plasma disruptors
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Out of curiuosity, can someone pst the stats on these weapons?